Jump to content

9/23 Game Thread Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

f*** you Detroit. I only made the game thread because it was a few minutes before game time, and I wanted to have a chance to salvage my 2022 Game Thread record.

At this point, wouldn't mind if they lose their remaining road games and finish under .500, because that is the record this organization, Rick and Tony deserve on their permanent records.

For some reason they like to be at .500. 

  • TLR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I've watched very few games this year, and I can't even imagine watching any games next year, I hate damn near everyone on this team minus Abreu, even Cease comes off as a scared little boy in big moments

I'll tune in if they fire literally everyone and let someone from outside the org have full control on hiring/firing.  otherwise I'll have ample time to find something else to spend time on. I managed this year just fine

I'll still wear my Sox gear just to strike up conversations with random people about how much I hate my team 😈

I've watched less this year than any year in my life, but still usually catch a few innings of every game and definitely open the box score, mainly to see if Jose is still around .310.

Hahn needs to return to building a team that fits GRate Field. It's still a good home run park even with the dead ball. 

On another note, I remember in 2005 thinking how great it's going to be to dominate the division for years to come with Ozzie at the helm leading the way. I never ever though anything but Ozzie being the Sox Tom Lasorda and the Sox ruling the division like the Braves did theirs that long stretch under Cox. Unfortunately Oz imploded cause his ego grew even bigger and bigger and he couldn't shut up to the press and worship his kids instead of telling them to shut up.

I would have never thought the Sox would not win another title after 05. Never. Now the club is a total mess. It needs so much you'd have to call what it needs a "rebuild." Ugh I hate to do that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kitekrazy said:

Just maybe he doesn't want a baseball career.  If he retired this season at least he was still a good player. 

Agreed, give him what he wants. 1 year contract, future opportunities like Kenny had in the FO, perhaps in the dugout or working with Paddy in the Caribbean. A new project like youth player outreach. Give him a year or two space to figure it out. Just keep him involved if he has ANY interest in helping the organization. 

No player here in my lifetime (50+ years) loved the White Sox as much as Jose has. None.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Whole Sox team has mailed it in.  Can’t even beat the awful Tigers at home. We suck and it is a major embarrassment to the team and the fans.  Some heads have to roll.  The decision to bring in the rookie Lambert to protect a 3-1 lead in the 7 th against the Guardians, having ReyLo available turned out to be the worst decision of the year, and shut the door on the Sox season.  Even Cairo admitted it was a mistake.  Too many. Unforced errors this season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm still waiting for Steve to "tell us what he thinks" about Tony's latest publicly known DUI.

 

Its impressive how you twist every single post into an attack on Tony regardless of the context.  For a guy who hasn’t even coached the team in a month now, its getting a little concerning.  Find some new material.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Its impressive how you twist every single post into an attack on Tony regardless of the context.  For a guy who hasn’t even coached the team in a month now, its getting a little concerning.  Find some new material.

Has to do with Steve Stone's arrogance, lack of accountability and following through, but OK.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Has to do with Steve Stone's arrogance, lack of accountability and following through, but OK.

And you surmised all that because he didn’t give you a Twitter thread on Tony La Russa’s DUI arrest 2 years ago.  Just LOL.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Cairo isn't watching the same team as we are:

“We got 12 more games. We got to finish strong, too. Just because we lost three in a row [to the first-place Guardians], that don’t mean we weren’t playing good, and I know those guys are capable of playing hard and playing good baseball.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think Cairo isn't watching the same team as we are:

“We got 12 more games. We got to finish strong, too. Just because we lost three in a row [to the first-place Guardians], that don’t mean we weren’t playing good, and I know those guys are capable of playing hard and playing good baseball.”

I get it.

What else is he supposed to say? "yea, we're horse s%*#, but we gotta fill out 162... you think we're gonna win another game ever?"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think Cairo isn't watching the same team as we are:

“We got 12 more games. We got to finish strong, too. Just because we lost three in a row [to the first-place Guardians], that don’t mean we weren’t playing good, and I know those guys are capable of playing hard and playing good baseball.”

He just isn't the guy for this team.   But it also reveals that it isn't all on Tony.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Green Line said:

And you surmised all that because he didn’t give you a Twitter thread on Tony La Russa’s DUI arrest 2 years ago.  Just LOL.

I don't have a Twitter account. He never followed through on this or many other arrogant statements or the hundreds of douchebag tweet attacks on Sox fans. No quality organization would want someone who is allegedly here to entertain fans and promote their product to tweet as he has. Then again, no quality team would hire a recidivist criminal octogenarian 10 years out of managing. The Sox should wave goodbye to Stone's ass just like the Cubs, it would be a fitting end to his stay here.

Also, there would be nothing left to stay about Tony if Tony was gone for good. But there are no indications he plans to leave. All reports indicate he will continue to f*** over the Chicago White Sox, just in a different capacity, just as he did to the Arizona Diamondbacks. And Tony will be able to meddle from home indefinitely, unlike managing where the odds were he can/could not continue physically with the travel and other job demands.

So if you liked Joe Kelly, Adam Eaton, Leury Garcia, Big Energy, Pollock and others, you are in luck.  There will be plenty more future Sox just like them if Tony continues to have personnel input.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Agreed, give him what he wants. 1 year contract, future opportunities like Kenny had in the FO, perhaps in the dugout or working with Paddy in the Caribbean. A new project like youth player outreach. Give him a year or two space to figure it out. Just keep him involved if he has ANY interest in helping the organization. 

No player here in my lifetime (50+ years) loved the White Sox as much as Jose has. None.

It just make me hate this organization even more because logically they should resign him due to the logjam of 1B-DH type players. 

  • Hawk 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I get it.

What else is he supposed to say? "yea, we're horse s%*#, but we gotta fill out 162... you think we're gonna win another game ever?"

If he wants another job, he better be more honest. Although he has admitted his own mistake, he’ll be better off not being political right now about the state of his team. If he just talks and acts like a simp, he’ll never be considered to lead a team.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

If he wants another job, he better be more honest. Although he has admitted his own mistake, he’ll be better off not being political right now about the state of his team. If he just talks and acts like a simp, he’ll never be considered to lead a team.

There’s no better interview for managing the white Sox than declaring everyone around you was a blameless victim of circumstance.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm still waiting for Steve to "tell us what he thinks" about Tony's latest publicly known DUI.

 

Until I looked at the date I thought Stone was talking about due process for Tony's managerial record this season and was really confused.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Dodgers announced tonight that Kimbrel has been demoted from the closer role.  Another great Hahn talent evaluation that doesn’t pan out albeit in another team.

Well one cool thing happened with the Craig Kimbrel trade, though the Sox could have used Heuer last Fall.

Meanwhile, back at the Score

Pollock Trade

 

 

Kimbrel Trade

 

 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...