9/24/22 Tigers @ White Sox 6:10 PM CDT

Drew Hutchison RHP vs. Davis Martin RHP

We all know this mess of a season is over. Cairo will pretend it isn't and more than likely fill the lineup card with guys who won't be here next year. Maybe we never see Tim Anderson again play for the Sox. Too much stuff that makes us sad, angry, disappointed, disgusted and most of all just plain confused. So when we feel that way it's time for 39 minutes of stupid things that happen to players, fans , umps, mascots, camera men, reporters, ball boys and girls to make you laugh.

44 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Drew Hutchison RHP vs. Davis Martin RHP

We all know this mess of a season is over. Cairo will pretend it isn't and more than likely fill the lineup card with guys who won't be here next year. Maybe we never see Tim Anderson again play for the Sox. Too much stuff that makes us sad, angry, disappointed, disgusted and most of all just plain confused. So when we feel that way it's time for 39 minutes of stupid things that happen to players, fans , umps, mascots, camera men, reporters, ball boys and girls to make you laugh.

Just curious. What makes you think Anderson won't be on the team next year?  If they  moved him, who would play shortstop?

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

Just curious. What makes you think Anderson won't be on the team next year?  If they  moved him, who would play shortstop?

It was just a random comment if they decide not to play him the rest of the season and trade him.  I'm sure they could find someone to play SS. Lenyn Sosa. We have no idea who's staying or going.

Random, nobody cares about the game post...

I've gained a s%*# ton of weight and need new clothes. What's my best bet ay or around the ballpark for plus sized white sox gear? 

Taking my son to his first game Sunday and he wants us allll to have white sox stuff on. 

• bmags pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Random, nobody cares about the game post...

I've gained a s%*# ton of weight and need new clothes. What's my best bet ay or around the ballpark for plus sized white sox gear? 

Taking my son to his first game Sunday and he wants us allll to have white sox stuff on. 

They usually have a tent outside the park with really good deals at the end of the year. Not sure if it's up yet though. I would think it is.

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They usually have a tent outside the park with really good deals at the end of the year. Not sure if it's up yet though. I would think it is.

I should probably elaborate and say I'm looking for 4x stuff, so I'm wondering if there's a spot that carries more big and tall selections.  

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Request denied. let's get more lotto balls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Major_League_Baseball_draft

You gain 1-2% tops between their likely window of 12th through 18th place. Wonder if the draft lotteries will be fixed like the NBA version.

(Manfred reaches for the frozen envelope, and the New York Knicks get the #1 draft pick rights to Patrick Ewing). :D

https://www.si.com/longform/2015/1985/ewing/index.html

image2.jpg

Others took it a step further. Stan Kasten, then the GM of the Hawks, recalls attending a college tournament in Hawaii a few months before the lottery. “I was sitting with a couple of NBA guys,” says Kasten, “and I remember one high-ranking- team executive, who I will not name, was a million percent convinced of what was going to happen. ‘He’s going to the Knicks,’ he kept saying. ‘He’s going to the Knicks. It’s all arranged.’ ” Kasten pauses, chuckles. “I didn’t believe him at the time.”

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Sox need to hire a permanent TV PBP man.  I don't think Benneti logged 100 games this year

Just like the young core.

Looks like Cleveland left their broom behind for Detroit to use.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It was just a random comment if they decide not to play him the rest of the season and trade him.  I'm sure they could find someone to play SS. Lenyn Sosa. We have no idea who's staying or going.

Lenyn Sosa over an all-star, former batting champ and one of the better hitters in baseball?

Slow down.