9/25 Tigers @ White Sox - The No Game Thread Yet? Gamethread

Middle Buffalo

1 hour ago, Middle Buffalo said:

T-Mobile gifted me the MLB package again this year, so I’ve had no excuse for not watching some or all of any Sox game I want.

My most recent Directv bill had an insert letting me know I have NFL Sunday Ticket for free. So, I now have no excuse for missing Bears games.

I think I’m cursed. My NFL team’s offense seems to have adopted the ground ball philosophy of my favorite MLB team. One long frustrating season bleeding into the next, and I don’t have to miss a minute.

Did to me too. Haven't watched since Tuesday I think. They don't deserve to be watched

• Like 2

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's pretty close. Cease will have a huge advantage in strikeouts and innings pitched but the ERA gap probably too much to overcome without a bad verlander start

It'll be like a 15 inning gap between he and Verlander. That being said, Cease is about 1 bWAR ahead of Verlander and Cease is about 0.8 fWAR behind Verlander. 

The difference being the White Sox defense being god awful and the Astros defense being really good. I think Verlander will win over the writers with him coming back from TJS at 39. But in reality, it's really close between them and it really could go either way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's pretty close. Cease will have a huge advantage in strikeouts and innings pitched but the ERA gap probably too much to overcome without a bad verlander start

Won't matter.  Cease didn't even get voted into the all star game.  As long as it's a popularity contest...

• Like 1