This group of players has quit and is not playing hard anymore

southsider2k5

I have been a Sox fan for many years and have had many disappointments. 2022 is the absolute worst. This organization is brainless. Cease should have at least 4 more wins. This team is an utter disgrace. 0-6 homestand with playoffs on the line. Choke.  2023 doesn't look any better. Aah, there's nothing like a rebuild.

I know several players have chocked and given up! However I'll tell you one player who never quit this season and gave his best effort 100 percent every outing and that is Dylan Cease.

Yet another game today, when he didn't have his nasty best stuff and yet went 6 innings with no runs. Sadly another outing this year of many, where he left with the lead and pitched awesome, and yet our shitty inconsistent bullpen failed him.

His last 2 outings of 12 innings 1 ER and left both games after 6 innings with the lead. The team quit and chocked on him! 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 3
  • Hawk 1

28 minutes ago, Highland said:

I have been a Sox fan for many years and have had many disappointments. 2022 is the absolute worst. This organization is brainless. Cease should have at least 4 more wins. This team is an utter disgrace. 0-6 homestand with playoffs on the line. Choke.  2023 doesn't look any better. Aah, there's nothing like a rebuild.

Lost strike season, 1997 White Flag, 2003, 2006 and this season some of the worst.

Never expected much after the off season and with TLR back.  Now those claimed managers don't matter much can no longer assert that ridiculous "sabes" claim watching Francona's mastery this season.

• TLR 1

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I know several players have chocked and given up! However I'll tell you one player who never quit this season and gave his best effort100 percent every outing and that is Dylan Cease.

Yet another game today, when he didn't have his nasty best stuff and yet went 6 innings with no runs. Sadly another outing this year of many, where he left with the lead and pitched awesome, and yet our shitty inconsistent bullpen failed him.

His last 2 outings of 12 innings 1 ER and left both games after 6 innings with the lead. The team quit and chocked on him! 

Verlander will clearly not lose to Cease in Cy voting because the media simply love that redemption story.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Verlander will clearly not lose to Cease in Cy voting because the media simply love that redemption story.

You are replying to the wrong post. This has nothing to do with whether Cease wins the Cy Young! 

This post was about which Sox players quit or stoped playing hard!

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You are replying to the wrong post. This has nothing to do with whether Cease wins the Cy Young! 

This post was about which Sox players quit or stoped playing hard!

The White Sox franchise mockery and quitting unfortunately hurts Dylan's campaign.

He wins on the Astros ... handily.

They're (Sox/disappointment) linked together over decades of underachieving.  Abreu winning Covid MVP now seems like such a fluke.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

There is such a huge gap of trust between Sox fans and this team now. It would definitely take a house cleaning to bridge this gap. Too inept, dumb, lazy, and arrogant.

Totally agree and I think 29 other owners would too, if these results fell on their lap. Sadly one demented owner Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't care and is too demented and stubborn to care or realize this.

5 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Totally agree and I think 29 other owners would too, if these results fell on their lap. Sadly one demented owner Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't care and is too demented and stubborn to care or realize this.

Yep. Being held hostage as fans. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The White Sox franchise mockery and quitting unfortunately hurts Dylan's campaign.

He wins on the Astros ... handily.

They're (Sox/disappointment) linked together over decades of underachieving.  Abreu winning Covid MVP now seems like such a fluke.

This joke team probably does hurt Dylan's chances. I think most of us agree with you that Verlander wins the Cy Young.

Again, read the title of the post please! - "This group of players has quit and is not playing hard anymore." Discuss!

No offense, but your comments have nothing to do with this post! 

• Like 2