Who is buying/renewing tix for 2023?

caulfield12

Conditional or unconditional based on future coaching, FA moves, trade and strength and conditioning/training changes?

Predicted fall off? 25%? 33% 50%?

Looming recession seemingly isn't helping matters much here, either.  

Does anyone expect a payroll over $175 million again or the makings of a full scale reckoning, down to $160 even?

Edited by caulfield12

Conditional based on TLR actually being completely out of the organization, the new manager being from outside the org, and at least one reasonable offseason acquisition, I'll buy a 10-game plan or something of the sort for next year. Only been to one game in the last 3 seasons.

Edited by CentralChamps21
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I usually go to 10-12 games a year. I absolutely and I will not go to one game next year even if TLR is gone which it looks like. I won't waste my money and put further money in this owner's pocket, until Rick Hahn and his entire FO handling the big league team and minor league teams are gone. 

Fans need to send Jerry a message. He is too stubborn, arrogant and non-caring of this team to make changes on incompetent personnel, unless he sees it loud and crystal clear with a horrible attendance every game that affects his bottom line profit. 

It doesn't mean I won't remain a die-hard fan and watch the games on TV, but when 25-30 thousand fans keep showing up for this pathetic excuse for a MLB team and more importantly, condoning and accepting that it's OK for loser Hahn to assemble this flawed and failure team...is not only wrong, but will never bring change!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

I went to one game this season.  I had planned on buying a suite to a game and bringing a bunch of friends, but between not being able to get a response from the Sox tickets reps and the overall garbage on the field, I didn't.  We ended up actually using that money as a part of the down payment towards a Disney Vacation Club membership.  Quite literally the quality of this team,  and the TLR situation, cost them somewhere around $2500 to $3000 from my family alone.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • TLR 1

still haven't decided. Leaning towards bagging them. I think I can do better on the 3rd party sites, and they have really devalued the season ticket anyways. Perks used to be plentiful, now there are almost none. Besides, if they are good, you can buy a package for 2024 next September and get 2023 playoff tickets.

• Fire 1

I will renew. The White Sox are the only team in the only sport I care  about. Also, I wish this season was over with. This has been a very troubling season.  I'm already  looking forward to the 2023 season.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Hawk 1

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I will renew. The White Sox are the only team in the only sport I care  about. Also, I wish this season was over with. This has been a very troubling season.  I'm already  looking forward to the 2023 season.

Man, you are a great fan to buy tickets with no guarantee all the lousy hitters/pitchers will be gone. Good for u. You must love being in a MLB ballpark. It is a happy space by nature.

• Hawk 1

We're most likely going to re-up, but our group is pissed off at what happened this year. Assuming we do re-up, we'll definitely be reducing our total number of tix, but that's based on a couple members in our group moving out of state. I think a lot depends on the managerial search and how they approach the off-season. If they're going to cheap out again, we'll do the same and just grab tix off the secondary for games we want to go to for a cheaper price point than the primary market.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 season tickets since 1991 that I split with a few other guys, it took us 30 years but we have great seats a few rows behind the visitors on deck circle. We added two more seats before the 2022 season just past third base anticipating playoffs. As a season ticket holder I can see the usage on my seats and a lot of the 3rd base seats went unused which is a total waste. I know when I had to sell tickets I usually got significantly less than I paid (which is supposed discounted for season tickets vs box office price)

Our total invoice went up 11%. We will probably drop the 2 extra seats you can get them cheaper on Stubhub on day of game.  We will renew the 1st base seats because our group are hardcore fans but I do sense less enthusiasm.

The other issue is how much they raised concessions. No only did they raise the posted prices significantly but they add sales tax separately. Add in a tip and a beer that was $11 "all in" a year ago is now $15. I understand inflation but I also can identify greed to. I spent less during my ballpark visits in 2022 than in the past. 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, southsider2k5 said:

I went to one game this season.  I had planned on buying a suite to a game and bringing a bunch of friends, but between not being able to get a response from the Sox tickets reps and the overall garbage on the field, I didn't.  We ended up actually using that money as a part of the down payment towards a Disney Vacation Club membership.  Quite literally the quality of this team,  and the TLR situation, cost them somewhere around $2500 to $3000 from my family alone.

Living in St. Louis these days I usually try to make 4-5 games a year and last year I went to both playoff games.  This year, I went to 1 in April and that was it, had 0 interest in going even when I was back in Chicago and they were at home.  At this point in time I still have 0 interest for next year but obviously that can change.  We'll see.

Edited by Rowand44

19 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Done with them.  There's really no longer an incentive to having season tickets IMO when you can get tickets day of game dirt cheap on most weeknights. 

I'll pay the premium secondary market if they actually make the playoffs. 

You don't even have to buy them on the secondary market. If they are playoff bound, commit to a package in 2024 in September. You will be good to go next October. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

You don't even have to buy them on the secondary market. If they are playoff bound, commit to a package in 2024 in September. You will be good to go next October. 

Definitely but even if you do the secondary market it's not too awful.  IIRC our tickets were a bit over face on Sunday last year but pretty damn cheap on Tuesday.

My tickets (20 game plan) in Section 160 increased by 7%.  Based on the product they fielded this year, I wouldnt have renewed even if they decreased 7%.

Only benefit of having ST at this point is playoff access and we all know how that goes.  Call me when we're under new ownership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

My tickets (20 game plan) in Section 160 increased by 7%.  Based on the product they fielded this year, I wouldnt have renewed even if they decreased 7%.

Only benefit of having ST at this point is playoff access and we all know how that goes.  Call me when we're under new ownership.

I totally agree. I usually go to 10-12 games and I will not spend a dime next year...even if they gave me tickets at half price. 

If more fans thought like you, then Reinsdorf might wake up and see the fans are pissed on this debacle year. The fans need refuse to be taken advantage of and spend more money in JR's pocket without any detailed apology letter from him and a specific new direction plan statement from him. 

Paying an major increase to renew season tickets is the pure definition of Insanity and it's "thank you Jerry...may I have another!"

45 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Living in St. Louis these days I usually try to make 4-5 games a year and last year I went to both playoff games.  This year, I went to 1 in April and that was it, had 0 interest in going even when I was back in Chicago and they were at home.  At this point in time I still have 0 interest for next year but obviously that can change.  We'll see.

I will be honest, it would be hard for me to have less interest than I did this year.  But then again, if it can be done, they will figure out how.