Embarrassing

2Deep

17 hours ago, chw42 said:

Yeah I'm definitely hoping Cleveland gets swept in the first round now. 

They are very cocky in light of the fact they clinched in the final week against a trainwreck of a team like the Sox in the worst division in baseball. I'm sure they will be owned by whoever they face in the playoffs. Cleveland assholes.

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

JR is a businessman first and foremost.

Yeah...I know.  At some point a guy of Jerry's age needs to realize he has at least some responsibility to his customers.  Since we have the 7th highest payroll in baseball...I'm not really complaining about the dollars spent.  My beef is holding the people accountable that are paid to produce a good product.  I have supported the FO as much as anyone, but it is now time to bring in fresh talent.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

6 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Yawn.... Hahn will lawyer talk his year ending press conference and everyone's ass with smoke. I'm the meantime ol uncle Jerry is counting his money laughing while Kenny screws himself to his seat even tighter.....

If this org had a Fucking clue these people should be gone...

Kenny

Hahn

Thome

Getz

Larussa

Boston

Mcewing

Menechino

Clark

Whoever the scouting director is

And maybe Cairo and katz

The only guy I’m feeling these days is Mike Shirley. After the Sox hire a new GM, Shirley can be like that guy Tony Montana asks if he wants a job after Tony murdered his boss.

17 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

So we are tied with the Angels for worst organization in baseball

Which makes a lot of sense. Both organizations get outshadowed by the other team in the market, they both try and grab headlines but it's usually for older, over-priced talent. Both organizations have found some great talent as well, but have no idea how to put it together into an actual team, and both spend their resources in the wrong areas. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Which makes a lot of sense. Both organizations get outshadowed by the other team in the market, they both try and grab headlines but it's usually for older, over-priced talent. Both organizations have found some great talent as well, but have no idea how to put it together into an actual team, and both spend their resources in the wrong areas. 

I still don't think we're at Angels levels of spending or ineptitude. It's close, but we didn't have a Mike Trout or Shohei Ohtani fall in our laps. We also don't go for big-time FAs like the Angels do. They just f*** up their big signings every time. Whereas we f*** up 3-4 mid-level signings. 

21 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I still don't think we're at Angels levels of spending or ineptitude. It's close, but we didn't have a Mike Trout or Shohei Ohtani fall in our laps. We also don't go for big-time FAs like the Angels do. They just f*** up their big signings every time. Whereas we f*** up 3-4 mid-level signings. 

No, the Hamilton-Pujols-Upton signings were just a joke, and LAA has been famous for those, obviously the Sox don’t come anywhere close to those kind of contracts. But the general idea is still there and my bet is Jerry would be OK with contracts like those…the Angels would have one more team to deal with during negotiations for all those players because it’s clear the ML scouting department for the Sox has been an absolute joke. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

No, the Hamilton-Pujols-Upton signings were just a joke, and LAA has been famous for those, obviously the Sox don’t come anywhere close to those kind of contracts. But the general idea is still there and my bet is Jerry would be OK with contracts like those…the Angels would have one more team to deal with during negotiations for all those players because it’s clear the ML scouting department for the Sox has been an absolute joke. 

Don't forget Vernon Wells.