Embarrassing

2Deep

Good for the Guardians. Teams that win the Central Division actually get fired up to play Central Division teams. Sox could never handle the unbalanced schedule. They have been owned by the Central teams in the 19-game series each season. And oh goodie, more Central games coming up vs. Minnie. This unbalanced schedule has ruined baseball in my opinion. Sickening to play these same teams over and over. Sox players get paid good money though to play in these boring games. They get an F for their performance vs. The Central. Tony shiould be embbarrassed at his part in all this too.

10 hours ago, JoshPR said:

I just don't see how the Sox can recover after this... Not with Jerry and the current shot callers

This current stretch is rock bottom. Sox suddenly have a horrific nucleus for next season. There should be some sort of rebuild plan coming that does not involve tanking for 5 years and the draft. First step is to attempt to get rid of the many lousy players on this team so there's some money to spend, I know ... lol, good luck with that. If they could somehow trade Moncada and Grandal that'd be a nice start. Maybe on a cold, sleety January evening some dumb GM would trade for those 2.

• Like 2

I think the Fire Tony chants is pretty funny.  I find it interesting that dissatisfaction with TLR is even a blip on anyone's radar outside of Sox Fandom.

I honestly don't get the F$%# the White Sox chants....that team laid down for you boys....what more do you want?

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think the Fire Tony chants is pretty funny.  I find it interesting that dissatisfaction with TLR is even a blip on anyone's radar outside of Sox Fandom.

I honestly don't get the F$%# the White Sox chants....that team laid down for you boys....what more do you want?

When guys talk a big game and then don’t back it up, you remember.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tony said:

No, the Hamilton-Pujols-Upton signings were just a joke, and LAA has been famous for those, obviously the Sox don’t come anywhere close to those kind of contracts. But the general idea is still there and my bet is Jerry would be OK with contracts like those…the Angels would have one more team to deal with during negotiations for all those players because it’s clear the ML scouting department for the Sox has been an absolute joke. 

Sox should aim for Angel's or Mets light. That is their niche. 

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I agree its not just TLR. I do want him gone! However I have said it often adamantly in many of my posts here, I want Hahn and the front front office gone, as well as many of those Sox players gone, who either gave up, played lazy or stupid, or just flat out chocked and underperformed all season. 

Unfortunately you can't chant fire the players! You can however, fire the top person Hahn and let the new president fire the players!

39 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I remember Tim saying "they gotta go through us." Well guess what they did, Tim.

Tim says a lot of stuff........He went from being one of my favorite players to just another dude making stupid choices and sucking at baseball.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:36 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

JR is a businessman first and foremost.

He might be a business man first and foremost, but he is god awful horrible at running his business. 

If you want to tell me...well, he makes money so he is doing good as a businessman, I laugh and ridicule that. That might be true, but that is not because of Jerry's incredible business savvy and talents. It's more a part of being one of 30 owners in this extremely lucrative multi-billion dollar sport in the third largest market. The fact is, if a sharp owner and front office were actually running the Sox instead of Jerry, this organization would without a doubt make significantly more money. 

Keep in mind, more owners become owners for the excitement and thrill of owning a team. They become an owner to win a championship and not necessarily make money or need money to survive like for example, the McCaskey's need with the Bears. Most billionaire owners usually have made their billions in another business or businesses and now their new team is more of a hobby or expensive fun "toy" so to speak.

When you have an owner who could care less about winning and just making money, then you have what we have in Chicago...which is a old demented and clueless owner that is embarrassing the Sox organization and baseball in general. More importantly, Jerry is blatantly telling his loyal die-hard fanbase, he doesn't give a s%*# and we can all go f*** ourselves if we don't like it.

Shame on anyone who spends any money on this team if JR does nothing and the same insanity and same people all come back for 2023! Sox fans can't spend money and go to games and then complain about the losing and then expect change. It doesn't and shouldn't work that way.

Only under a JR and no other owner in baseball can Rick Hahn have such poor results and this total debacle for a rebuild....and get to keep his job. 

20 hours ago, greg775 said:

This current stretch is rock bottom. Sox suddenly have a horrific nucleus for next season. There should be some sort of rebuild plan coming that does not involve tanking for 5 years and the draft. First step is to attempt to get rid of the many lousy players on this team so there's some money to spend, I know ... lol, good luck with that. If they could somehow trade Moncada and Grandal that'd be a nice start. Maybe on a cold, sleety January evening some dumb GM would trade for those 2.

I don't care what the return is back on trades for them. If you can trade those two slugs and get that wasted money off the Sox 2023 payroll, then do it all day long. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 11:16 AM, JoshPR said:

I just don't see how the Sox can recover after this... Not with Jerry and the current shot callers

You're right, they can't with Jerry and Rick as the shot callers! This is why most of us have been demanding for Jerry to sell. If won't sell, which he realistically wont for now, then he needs to go to the outside and bring in a young smart rising GM from a super successful organization and make him president. This new top executive needs full authority without any owner interference to clean this mess up. 

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Nah! We are the worst! Upon further review and going to the tiebreaker, the judges have ruled the Sox are the worst team in baseball because we have JR and RH. 

It's not a tie because of Ohtani Trout Rendon.

We have Cease, TA and a ton of question marks up and down the roster.  The biggest is arguably Luis Robert.  At least the most important.

Hendriks and Iglesias cancel out.

23 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

He might be a business man first and foremost, but he is god awful horrible at running his business. 

If you want to tell me...well, he makes money so he is doing good as a businessman, I laugh and ridicule that. That might be true, but that is not because of Jerry's incredible business savvy and talents. It's more a part of being one of 30 owners in this extremely lucrative multi-billion dollar sport in the third largest market. The fact is, if a sharp owner and front office were actually running the Sox instead of Jerry, this organization would without a doubt make significantly more money. 

Keep in mind, more owners become owners for the excitement and thrill of owning a team. They become an owner to win a championship and not necessarily make money or need money to survive like for example, the McCaskey's need with the Bears. Most billionaire owners usually have made their billions in another business or businesses and now their new team is more of a hobby or expensive fun "toy" so to speak.

When you have an owner who could care less about winning and just making money, then you have what we have in Chicago...which is a old demented and clueless owner that is embarrassing the Sox organization and baseball in general. More importantly, Jerry is blatantly telling his loyal die-hard fanbase, he doesn't give a s%*# and we can all go f*** ourselves if we don't like it.

Shame on anyone who spends any money on this team if JR does nothing and the same insanity and same people all come back for 2023! Sox fans can't spend money and go to games and then complain about the losing and then expect change. It doesn't and shouldn't work that way.

Only under a JR and no other owner in baseball can Rick Hahn have such poor results and this total debacle for a rebuild....and get to keep his job. 

I totally agree with your last statement.

Regarding this part: "More importantly, Jerry is blatantly telling his loyal die-hard fanbase, he doesn't give a s%*# and we can all go f*** ourselves if we don't like it."

That's exactly what he's doing and basically you have little choice in the matter if you are a baseball fan who is loyal to the White Sox.

He's got a sweet setup that's for sure.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I totally agree with your last statement.

Regarding this part: "More importantly, Jerry is blatantly telling his loyal die-hard fanbase, he doesn't give a s%*# and we can all go f*** ourselves if we don't like it."

That's exactly what he's doing and basically you have little choice in the matter if you are a baseball fan who is loyal to the White Sox.

He's got a sweet setup that's for sure.

What's funny is even with Jerry owning the team all these years and employing so many awful advance scouts and talent evaluators, the Sox thru the years have not been an embarrassment til just recently during the Tony era.

Weird how we bring in the old Hall of Famer who should be our best manager and he's by far the worst.

If I had to describe the Sox now I'd scout them and say: "The Chicago White Sox are a team with several everyday players who look like thoroughbreds in uniform. Tall, rangy bodies who look like they can crush the ball but in reality are injury prone young players who project to be above average if they can stay on the field. ... The White Sox also have a pitching staff that yearly is severely overrated both in starters and bullpen guys. Finally the Sox appear to be a lethargic team with a manager whose low key approach doesn;'t' seem to inspire the younger players at all. In conclusion this team appears to be a C-minus on a grade scale with the potential in its current situation to improve to a B-minus at best."

There is something wrong in the Sox clubhouse, either between players themselves or between the players and management. This last week has simply been, well, embarrassing… but this needs to be addressed. I have a theory but unsure because this past week has just blown away many thoughts. I didn’t mind losing the first game of the Cleveland series as much as seeing this team now just going through the motions.

Anyway, what’s the chance something was said to Abreu before the season about next year/contract and it has caused a rift in the dugout? Something is way off.

Edited by soxfaninfl

17 minutes ago, soxfaninfl said:

There is something wrong in the Sox clubhouse, either between players themselves or between the players and management. This last week has simply been, well, embarrassing… but this needs to be addressed. I have a theory but unsure because this past week has just blown away many thoughts. I didn’t mind losing the first game of the Cleveland series as much as seeing this team now just going through the motions.

Anyway, what’s the chance something was said to Abreu before the season about next year/contract and it has caused a rift in the dugout? Something is way off.

I think it more likely TLR's influence has caused the issues not something with Jose. If anything JR would sooner cut off his left arm then let him go and that will probably result in another contract that will bite the Sox on the rear end.

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

I think it more likely TLR's influence has caused the issues not something with Jose. If anything JR would sooner cut off his left arm then let him go and that will probably result in another contract that will bite the Sox on the rear end.

But wouldn’t it be expected that Abreu would seek an extension before the season? Maybe the answer was ‘let’s see how the season goes.’ Would make sense of his preseason quotes and some of the things Vaughn said praising him (which seemed odd to me at the time).

I mean, this is a guy who brought an MVP in ‘20, a division title in ‘21, wouldn’t you expect any answer like that to be a insult to him? You know the ‘either the Sox sign me or I will sign myself’ guy?

Something has been off about this team all year and maybe I am grasping at straws but something is not as it seems. TLR was here in ‘21 too. Maybe he wore thin with the players (definitely did with me and the fans) but the struggle started early.

• Hawk 1

12 minutes ago, soxfaninfl said:

But wouldn’t it be expected that Abreu would seek an extension before the season? Maybe the answer was ‘let’s see how the season goes.’ Would make sense of his preseason quotes and some of the things Vaughn said praising him (which seemed odd to me at the time).

I mean, this is a guy who brought an MVP in ‘20, a division title in ‘21, wouldn’t you expect any answer like that to be a insult to him? You know the ‘either the Sox sign me or I will sign myself’ guy?

Something has been off about this team all year and maybe I am grasping at straws but something is not as it seems. TLR was here in ‘21 too. Maybe he wore thin with the players (definitely did with me and the fans) but the struggle started early.

Many feel he started to lose the club after the Mercedes situation in Minnesota. And the record shows that after the All-Star break in 2021 the Sox were just a .500 club so I don't know how much "success" you can give TLR that year.