Mark Gonzales wonders what is next?...

Lip Man 1

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

so long as it's competent people doing the rebuilding (i.e. people who aren't previous players/coaches from the White Sox) I would gladly watch a team who plays hard lose 100 games, rather than watch an overpaid group of millionaire rappers win 83 games

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

The answer is "It doesn't matter" 

If the fans had 1% of say in anything White Sox related, Rick, Kenny and Jerry would have been out of here literally decades ago. 

Fans will bend over and take what the White Sox choose to give them. Don't like it? Don't need ya.

And you better stay out of White Sox business. 

There needs to be a significant retooling of the ML roster. Lots of money tied to bad players. Kelly, Diekman, Leury and Pollock represent $28M on the books or roughly the cost of one Manny Machado.

Abreu can’t come back, him leaving the team would do wonders for the roster’s makeup. Eloy can DH, Vaughn can play 1B full time and you get sign actual OFs.

It’s going to take a lot of work but no need to rebuild, yet. 

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wouldn't tolerate a rebuild with the same idiots doing the rebuilding as the result would probably be a whole roster of 1B/DH players plus a few ageing NL free agents on ridiculous contracts, and of course Leury Garcia getting an extension!

7 hours ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Holy overreaction.  

There's a ton of talent on this team.  It would be beyond idiotic not to run it back with some small tweaks and a new coaching staff.  

Agree, a retool is needed but no way on another rebuild.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

16 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

In a word......No

I quibble with the word “tolerate”, as far a new rebuild, or do  what is necessary to compete. With the starting pitching failure as well as some key “rebuild” guys like Moncada, not sure they have a choice unless they instead spent money to compensate for the problems that have cropped up. If they try to nibble around the edges of what they’re doing now, its not going to end well. So, compete, or do not. As Yoda would say.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

14 hours ago, joejoesox said:

so long as it's competent people doing the rebuilding (i.e. people who aren't previous players/coaches from the White Sox) I would gladly watch a team who plays hard lose 100 games, rather than watch an overpaid group of millionaire rappers win 83 games

Wow, you think these guys are gonna win 83 gams?  I knew there was optimism still on this board.  Ok, let's do this thing.  The battle for 2nd place in the Central starts tonight!!!

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wow, you think these guys are gonna win 83 gams?  I knew there was optimism still on this board.  Ok, let's do this thing.  The battle for 2nd place in the Central starts tonight!!!

I'll be watching but I really don't care if they win or not.  It's a long winter.

18 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

What is next is the question, but a rebuild isn’t going to happen. 

This is where we become the 2008-2013 White Sox again. Going "ALL IN" every off season in signing past their prime vets to stupid contracts in an attempt to band-aid gaping holes in the line-up and field. Development will get a back-seat and good prospects will get traded to bring in average players while we hover over .500 at every trade deadline.

Rebuild will happen after JR leaves and new ownership takes over.

• Like 1

Just now, RibbieRubarb said:

This is where we become the 2008-2013 White Sox again. Going "ALL IN" every off season in signing past their prime vets to stupid contracts in an attempt to band-aid gaping holes in the line-up and field. Development will get a back-seat and good prospects will get traded to bring in average players while we hover over .500 at every trade deadline.

Rebuild will happen after JR leaves and new ownership takes over.

Or the 2001 to 2007 White Sox. One year they may get lucky and everything they touch turns to gold. You look at that 2000 team. It was young and stacked, and supposedly had the #1 farm system in baseball. We did get 2005 out of it, but this regime really has no clue how to build a team with sustained winning. And even as great as 2005 was, if a ball doesn't go through Graffinino's legs, and El Duque doesn't perform a miracle, it easily could have been a year like 2000 or 2008 or 1993 or now 2021.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Or the 2001 to 2007 White Sox. One year they may get lucky and everything they touch turns to gold. You look at that 2000 team. It was young and stacked, and supposedly had the #1 farm system in baseball. We did get 2005 out of it, but this regime really has no clue how to build a team with sustained winning. And even as great as 2005 was, if a ball doesn't go through Graffinino's legs, and El Duque doesn't perform a miracle, it easily could have been a year like 2000 or 2008 or 1993 or now 2021.

Every team has a breaks to win it all. 2005, was lightning in a bottle...but it was dominant lightning by all metrics. If we were in New York or LA, they would be considered one of the best post-season teams of all time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Also the 2000-2004 White Sox were not the 2005 White Sox, except for some pitching. 
The team had an overhaul. Losing Mags and Carlos Lee in one offseason. That would be like letting two of Jose, Yoan, Eloy, Luis or Vaughn go this offseason...

Wait now...