Homecoming Dances

Texsox

Prom-posals have spread to homecoming. Sigh. One of my freshman on the golf team appeared at another teammate's house with an enterage while holding a sign . . . 

" Birdies are fun but homecoming with you would be a hole in one". 

I'm hoping they continue to date throughout high school. I love the soap opera dramas involved. 

These things are getting out of hand.  At my daughters high school, some guy made a sign and did it in the middle of lunch.  The girl then publicly chastised him for not "putting in enough effort" to make the sign special enough.  She yelled at him and told him to do better.  And then said no.  Come back when you have a better sign and the proper flair. I would of told the girl to get bent.  Its a dance.  And one that happens every year.  

Call me old-fashioned but I liked it better when you would just simply ask the guy/girl "Hey, do you want to go to homecoming/prom with me?" and they answered and that was that. We didn't need all these theatrics and signs and props or whatever. Save that kind of stuff for like a marriage proposal. Because if you keep having to top whatever it was you did the year prior, you're going to run out of ideas...

Same thing with kids "graduating" every single grade. By the time they actually graduate HS, it's not a big deal anymore because they've already done it 12 times. 🙄

• Like 2