LaRussa retiring on Monday

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Read the fucking fine print in Bob’s article:

Fucking shitshow.

Hopefully he gets the Harold Baines treatment of showing up twice a year and signing some autographs, and this is just a way of sliding JR's buddy a few bucks versus him actually doing anything of substance.

I’m sure whatever Margalus wrote was correct, but whatever man. He’s been gone a month and we’ve know at least two weeks his managerial career is over. We’re on to the rest of decision makers and fixing this roster and the attitude of some of the players that will still be here next year in our “winning” window. 

35 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

This is all great but I'm already terrified about what comes next. How worried should we be about Willie Harris?

Willie Harris would just be another “family” hire. Wouldn’t connect with the Latin players on this roster in my opinion and would be a typical Jerry hire. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to LaRussa retiring on Monday
1 hour ago, Middle Buffalo said:

astonishingly bad his in-game decisions

What… it’s a bad idea to hit your worst batter third? Having a pitcher intentionally walk a hitter with two strikes isn’t cool?

So say you. Whatever.

58 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Jesus, Ron Washington is 70 and hasn't managed in 8 years. Let's try for something better than that.

Ron also was outmanaged (or more accurately, made more blunders than Tony preceding Tony's OG retirement. Nice guy, would be a good bench or 3B coach, but hoping (though not expecting) a better final manager.

Hoping they are going to conduct an actual interview process and vet solid candidates.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully he gets the Harold Baines treatment of showing up twice a year and signing some autographs, and this is just a way of sliding JR's buddy a few bucks versus him actually doing anything of substance.

I fear Tony continuing to be Jerry's primary guy as he appeared to be the past two seasons, regardless of what role they formally announce.

• Like 1

This was expected, but glad it’s official. How about the next issue? When is the announcement that Hahn is let go from his duties as VP of baseball ops? Or better yet, when will KW announce that he has resigned from his duties as president of baseball ops? Or better yet, when will the White Sox be listed for sale? Changes across the board are needed and long overdue. Not just the manager and coaching staff.  
Heck, even if Jerry doesn’t sell, it’ll be nice to have Michael Reinsdorf takeover and clean house. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Highland said:

I only hope the White Sox do a professional search for a manager. I've seen some employers spend more time hiring a minimum wage worker than the Sox when hiring a manager for a major league baseball team.

Interview Bochy, Harris, Beltran, Alomar Jr, anyone else available. Courtesy one of Maddon he even I don’t care. Just cast a wide net.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Interview Bochy, Harris, Beltran, Alomar Jr, anyone else available. Courtesy one of Maddon he even I don’t care. Just cast a wide net.

Can they do what the Bears did and hire an outside guy to oversee this process? 

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

While I will not doubt Tony has a pacemaker, and it may have had some issues, I do think there is more to this story than that. There are hundreds of thousands of people with pacemakers. They aren’t told to immediately quit their job, but it’s still OK to sort of do your job, like Tony was watching games and consulting with Cairo. 

But I will take it. 2 years probably wasted. At least one for sure. Get someone who actually doesn’t think results are too easy.

While I had my doubts also, thinking this was the only way out for the Sox to salvage next years ticket sales.  I don't think there are thousands of people with pacemakers who had to look at this team underperforming daily knowing deep down your managing was responsible for this mess.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m savouring the endorphin rush and ignoring the perils that might be around the corner.  They can’t f*** up a hire as bad again, right?  Right?

Wrong, we're still owned by JR,  I'm thinking the list is short –  Cairo, AJ, or Willie Harris. I even heard Chris Getz mentioned who's never managed a MLB game. Can we please break away from incompetence when it comes to hiring the next White Sox manager and go outside of the Jerry's comfort zone.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1