LaRussa retiring on Monday

Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

This could be a trick like when Sosa announced he was retiring in an ad but he meant Firestone not baseball.

Oh s%*#.  Maybe he's announcing he's retiring from being away from the team and is ready to f*** things up for 2023 and beyond.

• TLR 1

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I know they want to give TLR a graceful way to end his tenure with the Sox, and that's fine I guess.  But I don't know how people like Nightengale can say with a serious face that the Sox would have been just as bad with another manager.  I mean, just the use of Leury alone cost them several wins.  Cairo all but kept Leury on the bench.  The handling of the bullpen was embarrassingly bad at times, especially considering TLR was supposed to be a genius with bullpens.  Not knowing rules, falling asleep in the dugout (on TV), throwing players under the bus, telling young superstars to take it easy and not hustle.  Need I go on?

Good riddance two years too late.

Leury has 18 PA since Cairo took over.  Glued to the bench.

Leury averaged 70 PA a month in May-July. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

TLR wanted to assemble the strongest, healthiest roster to make a late season playoff tun.  He limited innings by Kopech and other pitchers, gave certain starting players days off by inserting subs, and sat players when the stats indicated unfavorable match-ups (like Vaughn against tough RH starters).  Most of those moves backfired, primarily because there was simply no depth to support them.  Keuchel was responsible for at least 5 losses. Eloy, Robert and Grandal were injured for most of the season and late season injuries to TA and  Robert pretty much  ended any outside chance they had to make a run.

McEwing had too many bad sends and had an argument with Lance Lynn that looked like it was not resolved on the field. I think McEwing and Boston need to go.  Katz did a nice job holding a clipboard.

• Like 1

My Retirement Dream Week:

• Monday: Tony La Russa
  • Tuesday; Daryl Boston
  • Wednesday: Steve Stone
  • Thursday: Rick Hahn
  • Friday: Jerry Reinsdorf

Howard Pizer (legal) and Kenny Williams (Baseball) serve as caretakers until new ownership is in place, both step down upon completion of the sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Tony's second White Sox tenure was an unmitigated disaster. No offense to Tony. Aging is unavoidable and he was a walking old guy. 

Only thing worse than Tony was the alarming amount of injuries in his tenure. That's either because we draft injury prone players or we have an abysmal training program/staff of docs and trainers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Tony's second White Sox tenure was an unmitigated disaster. No offense to Tony. Aging is unavoidable and he was a walking old guy. 

Only thing worse than Tony was the alarming amount of injuries in his tenure. That's either because we draft injury prone players or we have an abysmal training program/staff of docs and trainers.

Or even worse, the aging manager doesn’t listen to anyone and keeps sending hurt players out to play and also tells them not to go as hard which backfires terribly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/27/2022 at 6:14 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

Nothing will happen until the end of the season when JR, Kenny, Hahn and maybe TLR meet to discuss the situation.

Now there is an meeting of the minds that gives us confidence the Sox organization is in good hands and ready to get this debacle of a rebuild finally on track...going into year seven!

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My Retirement Dream Week:

• Monday: Tony La Russa
  • Tuesday; Daryl Boston
  • Wednesday: Steve Stone
  • Thursday: Rick Hahn
  • Friday: Jerry Reinsdorf

Howard Pizer (legal) and Kenny Williams (Baseball) serve as caretakers until new ownership is in place, both step down upon completion of the sale.

Stone is one of the best announcers in the business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Did the Sox issue a press release as to how people can listen or stream? Can't find anything on their website or elsewhere.

Will the Score or their radio flagship air it, or are both stations too busy bullshiting about the perennially pathetic Chicago football team?

Ryan Pace was the only GM in Chicago with a worse winning percentage than Hahn over the past decade (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL).

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Did the Sox issue a press release as to how people can listen or stream? Can't find anything on their website or elsewhere.

Will the Score or their radio flagship air it, or are both stations too busy bullshiting about the perennially pathetic Chicago football team?

Ryan Pace was the only GM in Chicago with a worse winning percentage than Hahn over the past decade (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL).

Good questions.

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes it’s going to be on Comedy Central. Stay tuned.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Its' on CSN and the My Teams app at 4 pm. Our Chuck said so yesterday.

Doh bummer for out of towners who don’t have a VPN - like me 😆

If you can send me a dm with some uh - helpful info for me to access said app, that would be appreciated and inappropriate. 😆

Edited by hi8is
Thanks I’m advance. 😆
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yes it’s going to be on Comedy Central. Stay tuned.

• Tony La Russa as Michael J. Scott
  • Leury Garcia as Dwight Schrute
  • Jose Abreu as Jim Halpert
  • Yoan Moncada as Pam Beesly
  • Rick Hahn as Toby Flenderson
  • Tim Anderson as Stanley Hudson
  • Andrew Vaughn as Creed Bratton
  • Brian Ball as Oscar Martinez
  • Eloy Jimenez as Kelly Kapoor
  • Luis Robert as Ryan Howard
  • Dallas Keuchel as Angela Martin
  • Jason Benetti as Andy Bernard

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So… who’s going to save the day for us out of town fans who won’t be able to watch?

Play by play warriors step forth! CSN My Teams app login info, send along. Please ( don’t do it ) rebel against the man!

Party time!!!

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

So… who’s going to save the day for us out of town fans who won’t be able to watch?

Play by play warriors step forth! CSN My Teams app login info, send along. Please ( don’t do it ) rebel against the man!

Party time!!!

Pretty weak the White Sox do not stream press conferences or post game manager comments on their website.

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Party time!!!

Try one of the local stations' websites: wgntv.com, nbcchicago.com, cbsnews.com/chicago, fox32chicago.com, abc7chicago.com

• Thanks 1