9/29/22 Sox vs Twins 12:10 Wanna Get Away Day

wegner

I'd like to start off this gamethread that few will probably join to say if Rick Hahn uses the word injury or injuries in the 1st minute of his end of the year press conference.....he can F$%# all the way off.

Oh, by the way, today's pitching matchup is Lucas Giolito vs Louie "tip your cap" Varland.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'd like to start off this gamethread that few will probably join to say if Rick Hahn uses the word injury or injuries in the 1st minute of his end of the year press conference.....he can F$%# all the way off.

Oh, by the way, today's pitching matchup is Lucas Giolito vs Louie "tip your cap" Varland.

When is the conference?

This latest streak has demonstrated a few things. Yes, injuries hurt this team. But I also think many of us over-estimated this team. The White Sox are average at best, and, if they keep playing the string out like this, they will be below average. A healthy 2023 team does not guarantee a winning season. FO needs to face up to that. The fans have.

10 minutes ago, Highland said:

This latest streak has demonstrated a few things. Yes, injuries hurt this team. But I also think many of us over-estimated this team. The White Sox are average at best, and, if they keep playing the string out like this, they will be below average. A healthy 2023 team does not guarantee a winning season. FO needs to face up to that. The fans have.

Heavy sigh.

29 minutes ago, Highland said:

Most of the national media over-estimated this team. A lot of us locals did not. This team will never fight for what it may deserve.

43 minutes ago, Highland said:

There's enough talent on this squad that if they're the healthiest team in the league like people demand that they should be, that will probably put them in a winning season.

Does that put them into first place in the division? Maybe. Cleveland is younger and better than people gave them credit for, and the other 3 teams could easily take steps forwards next year.

Being the healthiest team in the AL should be enough to put them into the wild card at least. 

51 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

F it lose them all and get a little bit better of a pick and more pool money.

Anyone still watching is going to watch anyway win or lose as they have been unwatchable since mid April.

"Hold the phone, I didn't think about the more pool money.  Time to start winning again."

jerry.jpg

If Hahn shows up at Sox fest, the first question he should be asked by a fan is this, "Mr. Hahn the Sox have had eight losing seasons in the 10 years you've been the G.M. why should any fan believe anything you say moving forward about the future of this team?"

• Like 1

How sad and pathetic this team expected by everyone before the season and even during a good portion of the season to win the central division, could lose this afternoon their 9th in a row for a three sweep, falling to third place and possibly 12 games back form Cleveland. 

And Rick Hahn deserves to keep his job for what reason again....?

Sheesh, when will this nightmarish losing streak end? At a time when the White Sox could have made a huge step forward against Cleveland, they pooped in their pants. Since then they have continued to suffer a very bad case of diarrhea with no end in sight. I would like to see them win today but certainly not expecting it.

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I don’t want to insult anyone, but this team isn’t even trying. Investing time and money at the ballpark is worse, but it isn’t much less insulting to your pride to watch on TV. Unless the entertainment value is in self harm.

Nice of you to join us!!

Would you shag me a beer while you're up?

• Haha 1