9/29/22 Sox vs Twins 12:10 Wanna Get Away Day

wegner

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

There's enough talent on this squad that if they're the healthiest team in the league like people demand that they should be, that will probably put them in a winning season.

Does that put them into first place in the division? Maybe. Cleveland is younger and better than people gave them credit for, and the other 3 teams could easily take steps forwards next year.

Being the healthiest team in the AL should be enough to put them into the wild card at least. 

I'll believe it when I see it. But the FO can't go into the offseason taking it for granted.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Giolito desperately needs a change of scenery 

Serious question, how does a team fix Gio?  If the velocity is gone, what does he do to diversify his pitches?  He just doesn't miss bats throwing 88-91 and even a good Change isn't fooling batters for long.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Serious question, how does a team fix Gio?  If the velocity is gone, what does he do to diversify his pitches?  He just doesn't miss bats throwing 88-91 and even a good Change isn't fooling batters for long.

Find that fastball by altering his mechanics again. There are a few teams that thrive at increasing velocity, and god knows the Sox aren’t one.

• Like 2

I haven’t followed the box scores too closely the last week. It’s amazing to see how everyone’s stats have cratered.  Andrus is something like 3 for last 33.  Vaughn is on his way to a .750 OPS.  Eloy and Abreu about to fall below .300

It’s so crazy that this team is as mentally weak as us pessimists said they were.

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sox can't muster an ounce of offense while even the crappy Twins are sitting off speed with an actual plan at the plate.  Can we at least start firing people??

They’ve totally quit.  Astonishing that it sounds like Hahn will keep his job.  This is the most pathetic Sox season of my life.

• Like 1
  • TLR 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They’ve totally quit.  Astonishing that it sounds like Hahn will keep his job.  This is the most pathetic Sox season of my life.

There bad enough that no one should keep their job -- and I was somewhat soft on the coaching staff outside of TLR. There is not an ounce of professionalism or pride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If Hahn shows up at Sox fest, the first question he should be asked by a fan is this, "Mr. Hahn the Sox have had eight losing seasons in the 10 years you've been the G.M. why should any fan believe anything you say moving forward about the future of this team?"

I'll personally pay for Will Smith's first class airfare and VIP access to Sox Fest should Rick Hahn still be with the club and scheduled to appear.