9/29/22 Sox vs Twins 12:10 Wanna Get Away Day

wegner

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Even though Abreu has hit over .300 since the ASB, his wOBA that time is just .340. He's been a glorified singles hitter in the 2nd half.  I don't think you can bring him back next year unless it's for a very cheap price. 

He shouldn't be brought back for even a cheap discounted price. He had a remarkable 9 year career for the Sox, but we need to save the money for more important weak and flawed positions and players to address. I'm sorry but we don't need a singles hitter at first base or DH. This will be Jose's lowest home run total in his career and even less than the 2020 pandemic 60 game season. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Best at bat I've seen in months from the Sox there from Payton.  And he gets rewarded with the error, and guess what..he ends at 2B on an infield popup because he hustled.  Dude needs to play every day rest of the way. 

Agreed! Not bad for a guy very hungry that wants to play major league baseball and hustles...and as a bonus...only makes $700,000. 

14 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

He shouldn't be brought back for even a cheap discounted price. He had a remarkable 9 year career for the Sox, but we need to save the money for more important weak and flawed positions and players to address. I'm sorry but we don't need a singles hitter at first base or DH. This will be Jose's lowest home run total in his career and even less than the 2020 pandemic 60 game season. 

He will be brought back. Jerry likes him.