9/29/22 Sox vs Twins 12:10 Wanna Get Away Day

wegner

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also at about 15-20% of the cost.  He won't have an options which is unfortunate, so he may not survive the offseason on the 40 man.  But yes, Engel should be non-tendered. 

Engel is done Payton is a retread. They need a quality OF. Would love to know who gave Leury a three year deal. 

Got a question about the game here.  When Harrison scored from first and was lucky to beat the throw as he slid by and tapped the plate with his hand, his feet were already 5 feet past the plate.  Shouldn't he have just slid right in and beat the throw easily?

Otherwise, they got breaks and Gio got away with atom balls.  I'm still glad they won.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Rick Hahn did.

I don't know this to be fact, but my guess is TLR needed a clubhouse mole and told everyone how important Leury is because "He's really solid. You look at his arm, switch-hitting and playing every position. He can pitch, too. He's a really talented star player."   and went on to say  "I could dislike you the rest of the time here if you refer to García as a utility player."

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Kind of like Lucas doesn't want personally to finish with over a 5 ERA...

I don't like watching him pitch so I would take two pitching prospects and move on. Payton is a Reds discard so let's not plan a World Series around his arrival. 

8 hours ago, T R U said:

Were going to end up winning because of Paytons stupid hustle

Good Catholic kid from the Southwest side. I'm much older but had classmates who went to St. Rita while me and other Classmates went to Quigley South on 79th and Western which ironically now is a part of St. Rita. Hustle and talent got him to where he is now. Probably will make a good coach some day.

• Like 1