9/30/22 Sox @ Padres 8:40 Thank You Sir May I Have Another Gamethread

wegner

9 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

I've seen that guy do standup. I never thought he was all that funny.

He nails Scott. Even got the same conniptions.

I like the part where he calls "ooooo" to the crowd.  "Get angry like you want to kick your boss Rick Hahn in the nuts"

I understand it is a bit unorthrodox for a Gamethread opening, but these are mad times, mad I tell you!!!

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd like to see Carlos Perez get at least 3 starts rest of the way.  I know his 1 game was really rough, but hopefully just nerves.  We're gonna need him some next season, so would be nice to get his feet wet. 

I thought the same earlier. IL Grandal, call up Perez, DFA Harrison (free agent soon anyway), call up Sosa. Just guys on the 40-man already.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

The winner of the Caulfield Cup gets to sign Daniel Tatis.

That's Daniel Fernando Tatis to you.

Seriously, this Padres' team still has the Dodgers in their heads.  5-14 this year, lost 9 consecutive when they were falling apart last fall, so a 5-23 stretch.  Yikes.  Twins/Yankees'-esque.  Played them much much better in 2019-20.  And beating the Rockies in Denver, not so much.

No CFer. 

Bell has been terrible.

Josh Hader is channeling late White Sox Bobby Jenks vibes, although he has been better recently.

No decent lefties off the bench.

This team could go two games and out, or give the Dodgers a battle like their first two games this week...but never an easy task on the road against the Braves or Mets, no matter how you slice it.

7 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I'd like to help the Brewers get into the playoffs

If there's a team that is in total collapse now, it's the Phillies.

They're desperate for a win and have all home games here on out against bad teams.  Philly gets Wash on the road (DH) and death trip to Houston.

Would quietly be five consecutive postseasons for the Brewers.  One of those "afternoon" playoff teams like the Rays and Guardians.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If there's a team that is in total collapse now, it's the Phillies.

They're desperate for a win and have all home games here on out against bad teams.  Philly gets Wash on the road (DH) and death trip to Houston.

Would quietly be five consecutive postseasons for the Brewers.  One of those "afternoon" playoff teams like the Rays and Guardians.

Interestingly, the Rays are also closing out the season poorly.  Luckily for them they had enough of a cushion on the Orioles and Baltimore never got hot at the end.