9/30/22 Sox @ Padres 8:40 Thank You Sir May I Have Another Gamethread

wegner

I was following the Giants game for fantasy baseball and noticed Joc Pederson has gained even more weight than when I saw him play against the Sox earlier in the year. He's still hitting, but his OF defense is all kinds of awful. Simply put, I don't think Joc Pederson is an option to fill RF this off-season. 

• TLR 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I was following the Giants game for fantasy baseball and noticed Joc Pederson has gained even more weight than when I saw him play against the Sox earlier in the year. He's still hitting, but his OF defense is all kinds of awful. Simply put, I don't think Joc Pederson is an option to fill RF this off-season. 

Bold of you to think this is the off-season the Sox will start valuing defense.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Sounds like a DH.....go get him.

• Haha 1

Just now, chw42 said:

This is easily Martin's best start of the season. He's throwing up to 98 MPH and has shown a really effective slider and change up. 

Even Cease would be pleased with the results Martin has gotten on his slider tonight. 47% csw on it is outrageously good.

• Hawk 1

Just now, wegner said:

Throwing strikes....great to see.

Stoney mentioned this just now, but if he won't be used as a starter next year, he could be a nice long relief/multi-inning guy next year. If he can throw 97-98 as a starter, he can probably reach 100 as a reliever. With his secondary stuff, that should play. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Just don't use Martin being a pleasant surprise as an excuse not to build up more rotation depth.

Yeah, I agree. He really should be your 6th starter next year at best. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Stoney mentioned this just now, but if he won't be used as a starter next year, he could be a nice long relief/multi-inning guy next year. If he can throw 97-98 as a starter, he can probably reach 100 as a reliever. With his secondary stuff, that should play. 

He doesn't make enough $$ to be a bullpen piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I would hope Charlotte is done doing 3 or 4 bullpen games per week next year. Having a real starter or 2 with options left waiting around in AAA is how healthy organizations function.

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

I see another weak ass hitter batting 2nd.   They should try Leury there too.

With Leury getting so little playing time lately, I just wonder if they will move on from him somehow.

12 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I would hope Charlotte is done doing 3 or 4 bullpen games per week next year. Having a real starter or 2 with options left waiting around in AAA is how healthy organizations function.

This. Sox really need to do a better job building a rotation in Charlotte. Just a pitiful job this year. Absolutely insane Hahn kept claiming and retaining just awful relievers on the 40 man and never brought in SP. Just terrible. 

• Like 1