Just say no to Carlos "I'm the Product Here" Correa

caulfield12

https://www.fox9.com/sports/carlos-correa-on-possible-free-agency-if-the-twins-want-me-come-get-me

"You when I go out to the mall and when I go to the Dior store, when I see something I want, I get it," said Correa. "I ask how much it costs and I buy. So if you really want something you just go get it."

"I'm the product here and if they want my product, they just got to come get it," added Correa.

If that's the case, they should really get a 50% discount off $35 million, because a big chunk of his sub optimal production came in garbage time after the Twins were all but eliminated over the course of the last 3-4 weeks.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

I would take Trea Turner, Xander Bogaerts or a distant third in Correa as a free agent over Tim Anderson. Sign one of them as a free agent for SS, and opt of of Anderson. Or opt in on Anderson and either move him to 2b or trade him for things you need. 

Ok, back to reality.  🤣

Opt out of Anderson? My lord, what a terrible take.  

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

I feel like Tim could have said the exact same thing and people here would be saying "Jerry, pay this man his money!".

I'm in the minority, but I think TA should be traded.  I've had just about enough of his change the game attitude towards baseball.  He should be the one changing his game to become a better defensive SS.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kitekrazy said:

For hopes a NL player works out for the Sox.

Sad that Tim somehow got on fans shitlist.   I have yet to hear any in the media suggest the kneejerk trade TA. 

I actually don't hate the trade TA idea.  It just depends on what the offers look like.  TA should have a good bit of value, he's not a good SS, and I am speculating here, but the whole ASG announcement thing and clear lack of leadership in clubhouse this season makes me think he may not be favorite in the clubhouse.  If you can get a nice return for him, I'd be open to it...he only has 2 years of control.  That being said, my price to move TA would be very high, I am not just moving him to the highest bidder.  You also need to find a SS now in that scenarioideally one that can field their position.  We all know the Sox won't be in the running for the high end FAs. 

Also, your avoid all NL players take continues to be just an awful one.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I actually don't hate the trade TA idea.  It just depends on what the offers look like.  TA should have a good bit of value, he's not a good SS, and I am speculating here, but the whole ASG announcement thing and clear lack of leadership in clubhouse this season makes me think he may not be favorite in the clubhouse.  If you can get a nice return for him, I'd be open to it...he only has 2 years of control.  That being said, my price to move TA would be very high, I am not just moving him to the highest bidder.  You also need to find a SS now in that scenarioideally one that can field their position.  We all know the Sox won't be in the running for the high end FAs. 

He's not a good SS and I wish he would be open to moving over to 2B. Not sure what else you do in that scenario besides any idea of an in-house option for 2B suddenly becomes the SS.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He's not a good SS and I wish he would be open to moving over to 2B. Not sure what else you do in that scenario besides any idea of an in-house option for 2B suddenly becomes the SS.

I agree he isn't a good defensive SS, but if he wasn't open to changing positions if the Sox signed Machado what makes you think Tim would accept a move to second base?  It would become a major distraction and IMO TA wouldn't accept the move and would demand a trade.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You have to assume the Sox are good at that.  Does a GM see that same things you do?

History says I'm right.  You can wait for the Great Pumpkin all you want.

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

You have to assume the Sox are good at that.  Does a GM see that same things you do?

History says I'm right.  You can wait for the Great Pumpkin all you want.

The history you're suggesting is a wildly limited sample size.  Ignoring half the league based on some stupid thought that any NL player will fail in Chicago is well....stupid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I agree he isn't a good defensive SS, but if he wasn't open to changing positions if the Sox signed Machado what makes you think Tim would accept a move to second base?  It would become a major distraction and IMO TA wouldn't accept the move and would demand a trade.

Huh? What does possibly signing Machado to play 3B have to do with TA? lol they weren’t signing Machado to play SS and Moncada didn’t start playing 3B until Machado made his decision.

edit: man I’d love to see an alternate universe where we signed Machado.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Huh? What does possibly signing Machado to play 3B have to do with TA? lol they weren’t signing Machado to play SS and Moncada didn’t start playing 3B until Machado made his decision.

edit: man I’d love to see an alternate universe where we signed Machado.

At the time Machado had said he preferred SS over 3B, and Tim came out and said he was the SS of the White Sox.  Instead of trying to persuade a player as good as Machado, TR took a defiant stance.  Unlike TR, Machado who's was a superior SS to his credit did say he would play 3B.