The International Signing Thread

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

How old and how much experience do you need to not fall into the amateur spending? Mostly looking at that 25 year old Yuddiel Gonzalez.

Foreign professionals -- defined as players who are at least 25 years of age and have played as a professional in a foreign league recognized by Major League Baseball for a minimum of six seasons -- maintain exemption from the international bonus pool.

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/international-amateur-free-agency-bonus-pool-money

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Garfein posted a link saying that the Sox signed a  Venezuelan pitcher named Marcos Barrios.  Anyone have any info? Says that he will sign within current signing period.  

the bonus amount is $30K and my knowledge of the player stops there

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I couldn't bring myself up to discuss but BA had ratings for the previous class. There were 14 players added to our division before the sox showed up in the 70s. 

Is there actually, probably a real difference in talent between 30 and 70...probably not. But boy it sure would be easier to trust that the sox are the smarties if they were not so horrendous on the field for over a decade.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I couldn't bring myself up to discuss but BA had ratings for the previous class. There were 14 players added to our division before the sox showed up in the 70s. 

Is there actually, probably a real difference in talent between 30 and 70...probably not. But boy it sure would be easier to trust that the sox are the smarties if they were not so horrendous on the field for over a decade.

Don't they still have like $1M left ?

5 hours ago, bmags said:

That goes by bonus amount and not how good the players are but I understand the frustration. The Sox strategy is stupid 

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't they still have like $1M left ?

They have like around $1.5 million still, yes 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Not sure if he's eligible for the current signing period, but we have a good amount of money left if so...

2 hours ago, Quin said:

By God, that's Marco Paddy's music

Sox might be the favorites here. Same agent as Chapellí 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Sox have the most money left. Like around $1 million 

But doesn't he have immigration hoops to jump through, establish residency in the DR, apply to MLB to be eligible, etc?  By the time all that stuff's done, won't he be in the next signing period?

55 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Do other teams has much pool left as us?

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

But doesn't he have immigration hoops to jump through, establish residency in the DR, apply to MLB to be eligible, etc?  By the time all that stuff's done, won't he be in the next signing period?

I’ve heard he’s hoping to be in this one 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Quin changed the title to The International Signing Thread