10/1/22 Sox @ Padres 7:40 Forget It, They're Rolling Gamethread

wegner

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nationals mauling the Phillies.

Tied in the WC spot, both now 2 GB with 5 to play...including Philly on fumes in Game 2 tonight.

Milwaukee essentially 3 back due to tiebreaker.

Padres might be backing in...we shall see.

I really dislike the tiebreaker.....let the boys play!!!

I'm a man of simple needs, wants and desires....I want 163 back and the cursed insurance jingle gone. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm a man of simple needs, wants and desires....I want 163 back and the cursed insurance jingle gone. 

What they should do if they’re going to stick with the balanced schedule starting next year, is just abolish the three divisions. Top 6 seeded in order. Game 163 if 2/3 and or 6/7 tie. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

That's it.

How long ago was that?

Seems like Clevinger has been around since the 70s.

Mabe two three years. He was partying in Chicago during Covid and got traded. 

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

After completely ruining their own season, if the Sox knock the Padres out of the playoffs, you might be able to hear me laughing all the way from the other side of the world.

Could be the Sox AND Rodon for SF on the road.

That said, the Padres probably only need to go 2-3 from here on out.

2-7 finish to the season and backing in not the best plan...but might get them a matchup with the Cards, who they beat in the postseason two years ago.  Avoiding Mets/Braves not the worst "unintended" consequences.

32 minutes ago, pcq said:

Mabe two three years. He was partying in Chicago during Covid and got traded. 

Pretty sure him and Plesac?

He was also involved with the Tatis and Bauer "groupie" allegations.  And provided CLE with 20% of their roster.

Also a key free agent pitcher this off season with Manaea that will be hotly debated here since his price range won't be as exorbitant...such as Rodon.

2 hours ago, wegner said:

You can't have a bracket of 68 teams, or whatever the current format is, and also have tiebreaker games.

Playoffs go three weeks too long already. The World Series will soon resemble the NHL Winter Classic games.

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Can Andrus be brought back as hitting coach next year?

He's clearly figured something out this year. This is his best power year since 2017. You know, back when baseballs were juiced.