10/1/22 Sox @ Padres 7:40 Forget It, They're Rolling Gamethread

wegner

I think that baseball should make a modification to the post season schedule again.

Each year the worst team from each league should play each other in a three game series and the team who loses that series would be deemed the winner of the Worst Series Trophy.

This year it would be the Nationals against the A’s… they each have lost 102 games so far.

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I think that baseball should make a modification to the post season schedule again.

Each year the worst team from each league should play each other in a three game series and the team who loses that series would be deemed the winner of the Worst Series Trophy.

This year it would be the Nationals against the A’s… they each have lost 102 games so far.

Which team would pick up Keuchel to pitch game 1 of the series??

17 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I propose they introduce relegation and promotion. 

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox wanted Clevinger. Preller bailed them out by making an offer the Sox couldn't match.

The Sox dodged a huge bullet. Clevinger was damaged goods. 

You'd also have to think that the deal probably involved Dane Dunning. Cleveland would probably turn him into the next Shane Bieber. 

Edited by chw42
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

There seems to be zero explosion in Vaughn's swing right now. 2nd straight year his legs look gone come October.

He needs to get in better shape. It's fine if he had fatigue last year since it was his rookie year. But there's no excuse for it this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Cease doesn't get enough credit for his dependability. I don't believe he's missed a start since debuting in the majors.

32 starts in consecutive years is very impressive.

I've been thinking this all year long.  Dude goes out every start and pitches no matter what.  For three straight years (if you add together his callup in 2019 and the shortened 2020 year) that's damn impressive.