White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

I’d want them to hire their version of Counsell, Kapler, Hyde and Hinch. Someone with a background in player development and who is analytics friendly.

Sam Fuld was who I wanted then to hire before TLR was named manager. I want someone in that mold.

I would not be mad if they looked at Justin Jirschle for the job, I hope he’s a part of the ML staff either way but he may be more valuable in the farm. 

Edited by Joshua Strong
  • Like 2

I'm actually pretty fond of the Beltran idea.  He'd be the antithesis of TLR which, if this front office wants this team to buy in in 2023, that's what it's going to take.  Young, hungry, player-friendly, call out shitty effort, someone who will show some fire....Beltran checks the boxes.  Am I a fan of the fact he was part of the sign-stealing?  Nope.  Do I think that disqualifies him from managing in MLB?  Nope.

Regardless of it being Beltran or not, I want RH to choose HIS manager and I want to see a variety of candidates interviewing for the position.  The coaching staff should be the manager's decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I just want them to conduct a correct process. Interview a diverse group, find someone who actually gets along with the GM some of the time and works together with them rather than against them.

Paging @WBWSF

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I just want them to conduct a correct process. Interview a diverse group, find someone who actually gets along with the GM some of the time and works together with them rather than against them.

...and once they find this person, HIRE this person.

It shouldn't need to be said, but it needs to be said with this org.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I'm actually pretty fond of the Beltran idea.  He'd be the antithesis of TLR which, if this front office wants this team to buy in in 2023, that's what it's going to take.  Young, hungry, player-friendly, call out shitty effort, someone who will show some fire....Beltran checks the boxes.  Am I a fan of the fact he was part of the sign-stealing?  Nope.  Do I think that disqualifies him from managing in MLB?  Nope.

Regardless of it being Beltran or not, I want RH to choose HIS manager and I want to see a variety of candidates interviewing for the position.  The coaching staff should be the manager's decision.

I would be ok with saying that Beltran has received a pretty substantial punishment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Young, hungry, player-friendly, call out shitty effort, someone who will show some fire....Beltran checks the boxes.

Nothing against those traits but I care a lot more about getting a guy who will care about what the analytics say about lineups, pitching changes, and even player acquisitions, and will hire coaches who are on that same page. If the players love him that's great, but as long as the players don't hate him that's good enough. Ultimately the players will respect anybody they believe is giving them the best chance to win. You can always get a bench coach who's player-friendly.

13 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Nothing against those traits but I care a lot more about getting a guy who will care about what the analytics say about lineups, pitching changes, and even player acquisitions, and will hire coaches who are on that same page. If the players love him that's great, but as long as the players don't hate him that's good enough. Ultimately the players will respect anybody they believe is giving them the best chance to win. You can always get a bench coach who's player-friendly.

Showalter/Bobby Valentine type.

The problem is all the coaches were too soft with them.  Like parenting, doesn't work well without one bad cop.

7 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

So Hahn is the one leaking this news clearly. So annoying.

Soun

7 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Team Not Bochy

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My choice in 2020 may not be available this time around if Dusty steps down after the season.

Joe Espada remains my choice if he is available. Will give the organization a new modern perspective, relate well with the players and will Give the People What they Want!

He'd be great and Dusty has given no indication that he'll step down either.

• Hawk 1

49 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

He'd be great and Dusty has given no indication that he'll step down either.

Saw an article the other day saying that Dusty's contract ends after this season and there's been no sign of an extension, so far.  Same with their GM.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Saw an article the other day saying that Dusty's contract ends after this season and there's been no sign of an extension, so far.  Same with their GM.

Pitch it to Dusty as a way to show up Balogna one last time… how you pitch that to the GM… no clue. Tell him it’ll be like washing his Sox? 

They need to do a legitimate search, looking for the best and the brightest from WINNING organizations.

People who have ZERO connections in any way to JR or the White Sox 'family."

They need fresh ideas, and new ways to look at their myriad problems and issues. 

• Like 2

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic