White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Lets also remember the White Sox are not the only team looking for a manager.

Rangers have a good farm system, a big wallet, new stadium....Just to name one team.

How appealing are the White Sox to a veteran Manager who wants to win?

Not as appealing as they were 2 years ago, but the Sox are still in a far better situation that most teams looking for a new manager historically. 

They'll have more competition this offseason than an average one, though.  That is for sure.  

33 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Lets also remember the White Sox are not the only team looking for a manager.

Rangers have a good farm system, a big wallet, new stadium....Just to name one team.

How appealing are the White Sox to a veteran Manager who wants to win?

How much do you value job security?

56 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

f*** no: Davey Martinez, Pedro Grifol, Don Mattingly.

No, but would continue the managerial drama at 35th and Shields and media hot air: Joe Maddon.

Would be open to learning more / considering: Miguel Cairo, Sandy Alomar Jr., Will Venable.

My choice: Joe Espada.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

So he's got the same problem as Sandy Alomar, who would be my pick. If I were in charge, and I'm not, I'd probably disqualify him all together for his connections to the Astros, albeit he did join after 2017 so I guess maybe I'd give some wiggle room.

one thing is for sure, this board will absolutely be divided on who the pick will be

I dunno if I want it to be an older vet to be honest, I think I'd rather have a younger guy who speaks fluent Spanish or is Hispanic, someone the younger guys can kind of relate to and will play hard for, someone who also has something to prove to the league that he isn't just a new name

those are my criteria

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

one thing is for sure, this board will absolutely be divided on who the pick will be

I dunno if I want it to be an older vet to be honest, I think I'd rather have a younger guy who speaks fluent Spanish or is Hispanic, someone the younger guys can kind of relate to and will play hard for, someone who also has something to prove to the league that he isn't just a new name

those are my criteria

Idk man, if a time traveling Oscar Colas from the future was our manager toting a 2050 World Series victory on his resume, I think we'd all be pretty stoked about that.

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Idk man, if a time traveling Oscar Colas from the future was our manager toting a 2050 World Series victory on his resume, I think we'd all be pretty stoked about that.

Jerry would have to take a liking to Oscar over the next three decades for that to pan out.

3 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

There is a lot to consider. I just feel the White Sox may not be the number one destination for a highly sought after manager like they were in 2020.

They are certainly a bit more tarnished than they were in 2020.  How much of that a candidate puts on TLR, injuries, or the FO we don't know.  

9 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I don't know if this person exists, but I'd like to see someone under 50 years old, a former quality major league player, and bi-lingual.

Sounds like you are a fan of Carlos Beltran

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic