White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

On 10/7/2022 at 4:44 PM, ThirdGen said:

Careful, Leyland is still around and also felt slighted when he left the Sox the first time!

When he left the Sox it was a promotion to manager. The tried to bring him back after they fired Lamont after  30 or so games in 1995. Somehow they blamed that horrible start on him, and thought Terry Bevington was the better choice.  After the season Leyland was available, but since the Sox s%*# on his friend they had no chance. They kept Bevington which is all you really need to know about what JR thinks managers not named Tony or Jim are worth.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When he left the Sox it was a promotion to manager. The tried to bring him back after they fired Lamont after  30 or so games in 1995. Somehow they blamed that horrible start on him, and thought Terry Bevington was the better choice.  After the season Leyland was available, but since the Sox s%*# on his friend they had no chance. They kept Bevington which is all you really need to know about what JR thinks managers not named Tony or Jim are worth.

Harrelson also s%*# on Leyland a bit before he left.  Harrelson's first winter as GM he was publicly talking about not bringing TLR back, and mentioned he had candidates in mind.  Leyland was not one of them, as none were with the org. Leyland was a TLR supporter, not a Hawk supporter and saw the writing on the wall. Of course he would have taken the Pitts job anyway I'm sure, but he wasn't happy about the direction the Sox were about to take with Hawk either.

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2022/10/09/2022-mlb-award-predictions-aaron-judge-mvp-cy-young-rookie-picks/8221158001/

Bob says that the Sox want an experienced manager and that Bochy, Shildt, and Ron Washington are current front runners. 

So Jerry is gonna TLR this hire again?  This fucking team just can’t get out of its own way. 

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let me go on the record and say I want a younger manager than Bochy & Washington.

8 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Same

Same. If JR wants to meddle again though, I hope he hires Sandy Alomar, Jr. I don’t understand his motivation other than the older guys might come cheaper. I don’t understand the Reddit report specifically against hiring Espada.

• Like 1

Sox just had an old manager. Do some fricking research and hire a can't miss former player who is young. Not somebody like that clown the Royals brought in from Japan League that one year, I forget his name, but somebody young.

I can see what's happening. Sox will hire one of those plastic, mummy like veteran managers between 58 and 65 who will manage the team through the painful era coming up. Face facts. We are the new Baltimore Orioles, a team going nowhere. Truthfully more than a manager the Sox need some GM who knows what he's doing and how to hire good scouts and acquire real baseball players not just compile an everyday roster of stud athletes prone to getting hurt and tall pitchers who throw way too many pitches leading into four innings of pathetic bullpen work from a bunch of no names. Sox always seem to have a name closer though.

Geezus hire a new GM, Sox. And if you are gonna hire one of those three names, just don't. At this point make it Ozzie or AJP or even bring back Renteria.

38 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox just had an old manager. Do some fricking research and hire a can't miss former player who is young. Not somebody like that clown the Royals brought in from Japan League that one year, I forget his name, but somebody young.

I can see what's happening. Sox will hire one of those plastic, mummy like veteran managers between 58 and 65 who will manage the team through the painful era coming up. Face facts. We are the new Baltimore Orioles, a team going nowhere. Truthfully more than a manager the Sox need some GM who knows what he's doing and how to hire good scouts and acquire real baseball players not just compile an everyday roster of stud athletes prone to getting hurt and tall pitchers who throw way too many pitches leading into four innings of pathetic bullpen work from a bunch of no names. Sox always seem to have a name closer though.

Geezus hire a new GM, Sox. And if you are gonna hire one of those three names, just don't. At this point make it Ozzie or AJP or even bring back Renteria.

You really need to watch more MLB

• Like 1

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic