White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am team Espada for the reason of 1. He's young. 2. He comes from a winning organization. 3. He speaks spanish.

I know nothing else about him and his philosophies.

Geoff Blum, who is Houstons radio analyst loves him and thinks he will be a great manager. Sign me up on team Espada. Although he may wait out to see if Dusty retires at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’d take him as like, a bench coach. But that’s at most.

I would Take him as an infield coach coordinator. That he is really good at. Don't want any of these retreads

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I like it (if true). Just cast a wide net to get different perspectives before choosing. That’s not to say I actually want Joe Maddon. Go younger.

I actually like what they are doing here. Conducting an actual search instead of settling on someone. Wish they would’ve done this in 2021. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

As long as it's not all for show.

Even if it's for show, at least talking to other people outside the organization and getting their thoughts on what went wrong in 2022 and suggestions on how to fix it is not a bad thing. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

More than 1 interview is at least listening. What they did to Willie Harris last time was not in good faith. 

Ok - you are confirming it. Last time they interviewed Willie and than hired TLR (no other interviews - including Hinch?).  This is already a step better - presuming they go through with the interviews.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

This is nice.  Technically last hiring cycle did they interview Hinch (I don't remember)?  

No they did not. They conducted 1 interview, with Willie Harris, because they were required to interview a non-white candidate by the Selig rule. That interview was not a real interview of course, since they had already decided they were giving the job to Tony LaRussa. No one else was actually interviewed. 

2 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

As long as it's not all for show.

That is the real question. If the guy is already the choice and the Sox are just trying to look the part of getting different perspectives, then this is all in vain. Hopefully the FO is really looking at all the possibilities.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

Despite all the other baffling moves and insanity, nothing makes less sense to me than this concept - the relationship between the GM and the bosses is irrevocably broken, the GM has no responsibilities and is publicly embarrassed all the time, he has no job but reading mean tweets about his performance because someone else selects all the key moves, but the GM is happy and hasn’t resigned and keeps signing contract extensions.

Naw.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Despite all the other baffling moves and insanity, nothing makes less sense to me than this concept - the relationship between the GM and the bosses is irrevocably broken, the GM has no responsibilities and is publicly embarrassed all the time, he has no job but reading mean tweets about his performance because someone else selects all the key moves, but the GM is happy and hasn’t resigned and keeps signing contract extensions.

Naw.

I've been told a reason Hahn hasn't left is because his wife has told him she doesn't want to move anywhere unless the job is in California which is where she is from.

And also I'm hearing the same thing from different folks which surprised me, Hahn actually has authority and runs the club but Kenny has a say and JR has the final say on the major decisions.

Also was told Hahn did go to JR when the idea of TLR came up. Told him he didn't think a 76 year old man could take the grind. "But JR signs his paycheck so what can you do?"

Edited by Lip Man 1

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Naw.

Yep that doesn't all add up, but I'm sure the job security and millions of dollars over the years would go a long way in keeping one content with their situation. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:29 AM, Stinky Stanky said:

Shoulda stayed with Ricky but he acted sort of nutty right before the playoffs and Reinsy had an itch you know where for the guy that was eating on his mind since godknowswhen and we just wasted two years.

Let me echo what I see here for a younger smarter guy.

Trey Hillman was the former Japanese manager who ended up (somewhat surprisingly) with the Royals

Edited by caulfield12

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic