White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

On 10/13/2022 at 9:19 PM, A-Train to 35th said:

Win something?.... Willie Harris scored the winning run for the Chicago White Sox in Game 4 of the 2005 World Series, is from the same hometown as Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson.

What does winning have to do with where Harris grew up?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Absolutely nothing, I copied and pasted it from an article because I wasn't positive Harris had scored the winning run so I looked it up prior to posting.  I thought it was an interesting fact so I left it in.

The Jackie Robinson thing is an interesting fact.  The swag thing isn't much of an attribute IMO.  We don't need a pal for the players...just a teacher.

• Like 1

Sox have question marks at every position. The only way we can expect to compete for a ring is for everyone on the current roster to play to their full potential. We need career years out of Moncada, Robert, Jimenez, TA among others. For that to happen, we need a manager who can instill a winning culture and inspire 100% effort and performance (a Francona or Cora type). We also need leadership among the players to emerge (I like Abreu but am not convinced he is the a leader of men). As far as trades, I'd look to the Dodgers and see what it takes to get Lux...maybe in combo w/Bellinger and hope for a bounce back. I have no problems sending Giolito to the west coast as part of the package. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now matter who they add it will still be the same sorry franchise. I wish a manager would really make a difference. It's just dressing up a pig. 

Franchises just seem to stay the same. Who was the last MLB owner that really made a difference versus how many ownership changes just didn't make any difference? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Now matter who they add it will still be the same sorry franchise. I wish a manager would really make a difference. It's just dressing up a pig. 

Franchises just seem to stay the same. Who was the last MLB owner that really made a difference versus how many ownership changes just didn't make any difference? 

The group that owns the Dodgers now comes to mind that franchise was a joke under Fox as I recall.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

It pains to admit this, but the Cubs.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

It pains to admit this, but the Cubs.

I dunno man, cubs fans were pretty fuckin pissed off the last two years being forced back into another rebuild.  The tribune had similar cycles of spend big spend nothing, the difference is that Theo brought it home before he stepped out the back door

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

So have they only interviewed Espada and Washington thus far, or Harris too? I haven’t seen much reported on these interviews…

Pedro Grifol as well. Cairo is supposed to get one, just nothing confirmed as to if that's happened yet. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic