White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not to mention, there are a lot of players who do understand English, and can speak it a bit, but choose not to, because they fear they will sound dumb.

And those like Ozzie who don't fear they will sound dumb, but often do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

I think Washington is generally beloved by all. Media, players, fans. If he's too old, whatever. But he's definitely beloved. Serious question is can he speak Spanish. Kinda important nowadays IMO. Communication.

Wasn't Tony also generally beloved by all? Just kind of despised because of his DUI and also coming back into the game after being voted into the HOF...and doing pretty much exactly what the HOF voters were afraid of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Wasn't Tony also generally beloved by all? Just kind of despised because of his DUI and also coming back into the game after being voted into the HOF...and doing pretty much exactly what the HOF voters were afraid of.

He had his fans, but he also left a wake of those who had major problems with him.  For example former players called him racist.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

LOL.  Chris Getz would be such a White Sox move. 

What about Getz with Washington as bench coach?  Might be more palatable, but I don't see how Getz would get hired before Espada, Quantraro, Grifol, etc.  Of course no one saw Ventura being hired...and LaRussa was a major headscratcher.

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Chris Getz being considered for the job is laughable. He hasn’t been a coach or a manager for any team before. Lol

Is he even being considered? Seemed like Morosi just floated his name as a favor to him. Even according to him, there's no known plans to interview him.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

33 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

LOL.  Chris Getz would be such a White Sox move. 

That would be like Ted Williams managing lol. Who was actually manager of the year with the Senators 2.0 .

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Oh I’m far from it. Just don’t always expect the right move from this organization. I want Espada or Quatraro. Getz as a base coach or some s%*#? Sure.

The only thing that is giving me a little bit of hope is that they are actually conducting a search this time and not settling on someone so there is somewhat of a chance that they may get it right this time but I see where your coming from.

Edited by maloney.adam

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic