White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah these guys are out there just making up stuff to cover tracks.  Everybody has a different name.  it's not a coincidence.

I even saw a tweet saying Ozzie is not out of the running.  That may be true, but I'm not officially out of the running either.  I haven't been interviewed, and no one from the Sox has contacted me.  But they haven't officially said I'm not an option.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Score talked about Thome also.  I guess coaching 14u Sparks team is the equivalent to 2022 White Sox.

Ive been coaching my sons little league teams for the last 6 years, I should be in the running.

Were even the White Sox this season, so I have the tie in as well.

Edited by T R U

37 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Scott and Hahn are very tight given both are Michigan grads. I've been told he gets stuff from Rick that other media people don't so anything you see from him, you have to at least consider Rick may be feeding it to him.

Oh Dear God, they are going to screw this up aren’t they? They need to hire someone for the manager position from outside the organization that will bring in fresh new ideas. Thome as the bench coach or the hitting coach would be good, but not the manager yet.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

merk out here planting seeds 😂

Merk is a company man. as someone else said, I think you have to take what he says with some credence as he's likely being fed it. You'd be hard pressed to find a negative take out of Merk about the Sox. 

My personal and totally unfounded guess. I think you see Hahn have the decision and it's not a "Sox" name, but then KW, JR have their say and power to essentially push their own bench coach .... aka Jim Thome, Willie Harris, AJ Pierzysnki, etc. etc. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Oh Dear God, they are going to screw this up aren’t they? They need to hire someone for the manager position from outside the organization that will bring in fresh new ideas. Thome as the bench coach or the hitting coach would be good, but not the manager yet.

Thome would be another Jerry Reinsdorf intervention on the process. I gotta believe that in order to retain a minimum amount of faith in WillHahn.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

For once, it would be nice to see this organization run a genuine managerial search and at the end hire whoever the best candidate is.

The entire org is so petrified of stepping outside of their comfort zone, it's insane.

It’s because JR is too involved in the day to day operations and doesn’t allow Hahn to make the decision. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

No, no it's not.

This is the White Sox we're talking about. It's Thome. 

Think about the worst case scenario and it's probably true. 

This org has a collective iq of -69. 

The dumbest team in baseball by far. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic