White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

So much yelling into the wind here. I get the sox don't deserve benefit of the doubt but literally 0 sources to say they're actually interested in Getz or Thome.

Exactly.

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is the White Sox we're talking about. It's Thome. 

Think about the worst case scenario and it's probably true. 

This org has a collective iq of -69. 

The dumbest team in baseball by far. 

Did an interview today and that's something that was said, "The Sox are the laziest and dumbest team in baseball." 

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

Don’t get me wrong, Thome is probably one of the nicest individuals you’ll ever meet if you ever have a chance to but he’s not ready yet to take over as manager. He needs to be a bench coach or hitting coach first. The Sox will spin this and say they hired a HOF manager but someone that is younger and that will relate to the players. This is how the organization does things.

Edited by maloney.adam

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Did you buy the Bob/TLR stuff? 

They also talked about Thome on WSCR and MLBN. 

I don't see a reason to be outraged or disappointed today. 

There will be plenty of time for that if and when it happens. No benefit for wasting the energy on a report. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

There is no way they would hire Thome after what Hahn said at the press conference. They may bring one of the old guys in and have him groom him, but no way. And I don’t even think Thome would so bad.

Ironically, the White Sox have something of a recent history of having managerial fires that go completely against what Rick Hahn says he is looking for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

There is no way they would hire Thome after what Hahn said at the press conference. They may bring one of the old guys in and have him groom him, but no way. And I don’t even think Thome would so bad.

Hahn was giving very similar quotes in 2020 after firing Ricky and we know how that turned out. Hahn might want one thing, but it's possible KW or Jerry overrule him. We have no idea, really, who's controlling this process.

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Hahn was giving very similar quotes in 2020 after firing Ricky and we know how that turned out. Hahn might want one thing, but it's possible KW or Jerry overrule him. We have no idea, really, who's controlling this process.

They aren’t hiring Jim Thome.

• Like 1

I love Thome as a person and eventually a position coach and then leader. That said, of all the boxes Hahn listed in the presser, Thome checks NONE OF THEM!  I have to believe the Sox are trotting out all these red herrings so we will be satisfied with their ultimate pick. "Leaking" names like Thome and Getz perfume choices like Washington, Maddon and Shlidt when one of them gets picked.  

• Thanks 1

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic