White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How much did you pay for heating during the polar vortex event a couple years ago? 

I heard it was a disaster.

Nothing, our power was out for 3 days so it didn't run. It was 11 degrees for two days and then It was back in the 50's-60's a few days later.

A generational storm is the exception, not the rule.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah I didn't think that was a thing. I see not being able to announce one that is currently still in the playoffs, however.

It could be that MLB doesn't want announcements during the WS.  I know I've heard that before but was never sure how concrete it was.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Nothing, our power was out for 3 days so it didn't run. It was 11 degrees for two days and then It was back in the 50's-60's a few days later.

A generational storm is the exception, not the rule.

Those are going to be more common. Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How much did you pay for heating during the polar vortex event a couple years ago? 

I got lucky and my power never went out since I live close to a fire station and I pay a constant rate for my electricity. But people who were on variable rate plans got fucked. All those smaller electric companies like Griddy went out of business cause their customers couldn't afford to pay the crazy ass prices which in turn meant they couldn't pay the providers. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You do realize that on average, we spend far more for heating up here than they do down there, right?  This argument is stupid and you know it.

• Like 1

Just now, soulfly said:

You do realize that on average, we spend far more for heating up here than they do down there, right?  This argument is stupid and you know it.

I pay more in gas for cooking than gas for heating in the winter lol. Winters here are pretty nice for the most part. Which is a big reason I don't want to move back to Illinois full time. Maybe when I become wealthy enough I'll buy a summer home in Illinois. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Exactly...on the average...I rarely turn on the Heat or AC from late October to late March.
Windows open and shorts outside most of the "winter" months

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

Texas is actually willing to spend a lot of big money. We're not. We're better than the Rangers but the new manager wouldn't be stuck with a pretty much set roster in Texas. 

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

These guys live in a rental during the season. Very few actually live in their towns all year. Chicago wins every year for favorite MLB road city. Location won’t hinder the search.

Texas has no state income tax.

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic