White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

15 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Nah, no cheaters please.

this narrative is blown out of proportion. All teams are stretching the definition of cheating. I mean, look at the Astros now -- we have the headsets and these guys are still hitting. Boston got knocked for it. All teams were doing levels and MLB picked a franchise to make the scapegoat. There's a reason they didn't do much to the individual players. They made a few guys take a fall for a year or two. Just my two cents. 

Also let's not pretend sports is a place where we care about ethics and morals. No cheaters please, but go tim anderson go? End of the day, if you really want to you can be self righteous on like 20 different points and hate something ... or just like ... keep it light and cheer for some wins and fun to distract from life. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, he gone. said:

this narrative is blown out of proportion. All teams are stretching the definition of cheating. I mean, look at the Astros now -- we have the headsets and these guys are still hitting. Boston got knocked for it. All teams were doing levels and MLB picked a franchise to make the scapegoat. There's a reason they didn't do much to the individual players. They made a few guys take a fall for a year or two. Just my two cents. 

Also let's not pretend sports is a place where we care about ethics and morals. No cheaters please, but go tim anderson go? End of the day, if you really want to you can be self righteous on like 20 different points and hate something ... or just like ... keep it light and cheer for some wins and fun to distract from life. 

Wasn’t it Grandal who said “if you’re not cheating, you’re not trying?”

32 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

WSD shot it down (per his sources) FWIW (I know, I know not much).

He’s got sources but I believe Eloy vs. Wall’s and Northbrook Bob’s sources over WSD’s more now. Eloy vs. Wall hasn’t refuted it yet. If those guys start refuting the report than its probably most likely false but what’s really interesting is Eloy vs. Wall has confirmed some of Comiskey Footlong’s tweets as true lately so who knows…. Now If James starts refuting it than it’s definitely false. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

He’s got sources but I think I believe Eloy vs. Wall’s and Northbrook Bob’s sources over WSD’s more. Eloy vs. Wall hasn’t refuted it yet. If those guys start refuting the report than its probably most likely false but what’s really interesting is Eloy vs. Wall did confirm some of Comiskey Footlong’s tweets as true so who knows…. Now If James starts refuting it than it’s definitely false. 

Absolutely agree here. 

29 minutes ago, he gone. said:

No cheaters please, but go tim anderson go? 

Did Tim Anderson orchestrate an elaborate, seasons-long, ubiquitous technology-assisted cheating system and steal a World Series that I don’t know about?  Or are you actually comparing such an offense with garden variety marital problems with a straight face?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

What part of Espada was not apart of those cheating scandals do people not understand? He was hired after that? 

It is interesting that Ozzie has an interview 

They were cheating in 2018. He was very much part of that team. You're right to say he wasn't part of the 2017 cheaters though.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic