White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

25 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

What part of Espada was not apart of those cheating scandals do people not understand? He was hired after that? 

It is interesting that Ozzie has an interview 

Especially considering they literally called him last time and told him he didn't have a yob.

Guys, if Espada is being hired you don’t continue to conduct interviews. 

Very scary that Ozzie is getting an interview after they came out and said he wouldn’t be considered. 

JR attempt number 2 at fixing a former manager estranged situation I fear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

They did give TLR 4M per to do his best Weekend at Bernie's impression, so maybe the times are a'changing

It is truly amazing how much money has been and looks like it will continue to be wasted during this "competitive window."

🤡💩  💰➡️🚽

Edited by ScooterMcGuire

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

So what's the summary on this guy?

He has been right before, but has also jumped the gun on things involving the white sox before. Seems like there have been zero other official sources that have said they confirm this supposed leak despite it having been out there for several hours, and there is now an NBC Sports article that says "They will still be interviewing Ozzie next week". My personal assessment is that this is unlikely to be true, although that doesn't mean they don't like him and that doesn't mean they won't actually wind up hiring Espada in a few days, just that they haven't actually put a job offer out there now. 

10 minutes ago, T R U said:

Guys, if Espada is being hired you don’t continue to conduct interviews. 

Very scary that Ozzie is getting an interview after they came out and said he wouldn’t be considered. 

JR attempt number 2 at fixing a former manager estranged situation I fear. 

Maybe Ozzie is getting an interview for one of those coveted ambassadorship spots.

2 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

Any chance this Ozzie interview is just fan service? That’s the vibes I get it from this. Espada is their guy, but look, we interviewed all your old favorites  as part of a very extensive search. 

Hoping this is what it is

3 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

Any chance this Ozzie interview is just fan service? That’s the vibes I get it from this. Espada is their guy, but look, we interviewed all your old favorites  as part of a very extensive search. 

It could certainly be that, but it would be extremely disrespectful to do that if a job offer had already been made to someone else. That would be roughly as disrespectful as having a manager's job and quitting on the team with 2 games left in the season as a negotiating tactic. 

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic