White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

Just now, fathom said:

I mean like him staying one year instead of 4-5 years 

I would think that’s a blessing. Try out the whole outside influence thing, then promptly replace him with DBo as manager.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

How can you rule someone out after being impressed with him. JR must have had his hand in this again. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Or stop believing everything you read on Twitter from people that have ZERO track record and throw countless s%*# against the wall, cry for forgiveness when they get most things wrong, and the one time they “hit” (aka the s%*# sticks) everyone crowns them an insider. 

That’s also an option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 3

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Don't beat writers get paid to keep us in the loop on situations like this? Yet we're stuck with most of the managerial "updates" coming from anonymous accounts who are usually just making things up.

Merk gave us an ominous Thome tweet and that was it. Fegan at least said they were interviewing other candidates today but didn't rule out anyone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

Or stop believing everything you read on Twitter from people that have ZERO track record and throw countless s%*# against the wall, cry for forgiveness when they get most things wrong, and the one time they “hit” (aka the s%*# sticks) everyone crowns them an insider. 

That’s also an option. 

I can choose to decide on what to believe in and what not to believe in and which information to post on this forum. You can’t tell me what to do. YOU FUCKING GOT IT!!!! 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 2

I don’t know, sometimes I think it’s better to pull the trigger on guys that are in demand and just get a guy you like instead of 6 thousand interviews with 6 thousand guys, and risk losing the guy you liked (most). It is never going to be an exact science, and I don’t think teams increase their odds for success by trying to over-science the process. Don’t make obvious mistakes like hiring elderly drunks though.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

1 hour ago, bmags said:

My hunch: Hahn reads the message boards and sees the fans like Espada so he starts his rumor leaking to give him cover that whatever terrible manager they choose, people will think Hahn was handcuffed and wanted Espada.

Its literally the only thing Hahn is good at.

As I mentioned, they may as well give the fans something here, all things being equal. They owe the fans one, and lets be honest, other than LaRussa being an obvious mistake, nobody can predict how well a manger will perform when it counts.

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic