White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

27 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I can choose to decide on what to believe in and what not to believe in and which information to post on this forum. You can’t tell me what to do. YOU FUCKING GOT IT!!!! 

Whoa there tiger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Northbrook Bob’s tweets. It’s just fucking strange that he went from being a candidate to not being a candidate in one day. Something is going on that we don’t know about. 

Unless Espada went into the corner of Hahns office and took a dump, or commented on his wife’s ass, doubt he actually did anything that literally disqualified him. Sorry to say for NorthBob.

10 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yea sorry I may have been a little over the top with that post. I got worked up a bit, took it personal and shouldn’t have. 

Wise grasshopper sees his own reflection in pod and does not jump away.

8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Unless Espada went into the corner of Hahns office and took a dump, or commented on his wife’s ass, doubt he actually did anything that literally disqualified him. Sorry to say for NorthBob.

Rick Hahn decides he wants to hire him. He leaks that as he asks legal to draw up a contract. He goes to Reinsdorf for approval and Reinsdorf laughs at him and tells him no. 

Leading candidate to noncandidate in minutes.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

The white Sox were 15th in IL days used by pitchers, so again hard to claim much of a problem there. They were also much closer to the team with the fewest days lost than to the most. Most of the playoff teams were ahead of them, and honestly if the Sox had more depth they could have used more.

But regardless hard to see Injuries as something held against him, every team has injuries to pitchers.

But sure, it’s a sign he sucks that he still got better production out of shitty bargain bin pitcher Vince Velazquez as a starter than his previous year, and matched the year before it.

Or, it could be the case that the Sox were only 10th in pitching WAR despite heavy investment because Rick Hahn spent a lot of money on the worst Fa profile of veteran middle relief pitcher because Rick Hahn had no options even remotely passable.

Why isn’t Katz please being a good pitching coach and showing these boys how to pitch

D2CC615E-9CF5-4908-A0D2-2402ED235BD0.png

Great team to pull from:

The Charlotte Knights finished 58-92, dead-last across the board: division, International League, all of Triple-A. They finished 28 games out of first place for the full season, with a run differential of an astounding -224. Charlotte finished 30th of 30 teams in Triple-A.”

https://www.southsidesox.com/platform/amp/2022/10/12/23400247/charlotte-knights-2022-final-stats

All of the Sox teams had losing records which is not that common. Charlotte has been stocked with complete 4A garbage. All of the manager experts can f*** off. 

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Rick Hahn decides he wants to hire him. He leaks that as he asks legal to draw up a contract. He goes to Reinsdorf for approval and Reinsdorf laughs at him and tells him no. 

Leading candidate to noncandidate in minutes.

Reinsdorf is worse at this than we thought. Jerking people around like that bringing people in for job interviews that have no shot would make him a MLB sociopath.

9 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I fully expect Ozzie as manager, Thome as hitting coach and Willie Harris as bench coach now. Can’t wait for the chaos to ensue. 

100%, it’s going to be Ozzie isn’t it

NBC Sports Chicago’s Michael Allardyce reports that the White Sox plan to interview Ozzie Guillen next week in their search for a new manager following the retirement of Tony La Russa. Guillen has previously expressed interest in returning to the dugout as manager, and the White Sox have previously been reported to prefer an experienced manager to replace La Russa. The White Sox have been previously reported to have interest in Astros bench coach Joe Espada, Royals bench coach Pedro Grifol and Braves third base coach Ron Washington, among others, for their managerial vacancy

i think this is a courtesy interview. Joe Espada, yes, Ron Washington, yes,  Pedro Grifol, NO, not that he’s a bad guy, but not from an organization that has been a winning lately. 

Ozzie would be my choice only if Espada and Washington would not take the job. 

I would miss the hilarious banter of the pre and post game shows if Ozzie got the job, but the post game conference after a loss or losing streak would be a hoot. 
I’m all in on Espada or Washington because they come from winning organizations. 

we’ll see, I’ll bet a decision will come within a week after the WS ends. 

My Ranking 1. Espada 2. Washington, 3. Ozzie. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Or how about Espada went to the Astros informing them of his offer and then was told it's his job in Houston as soon as Dusty hangs them up, maybe as early as this off-season?

It takes two sides to make a deal. Espada isn't desperate to take this Sox job either.

https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1583482262771077120?t=tU9xB_e-qRcQB4A_9XiAbg&s=19

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Or how about Espada went to the Astros informing them of his offer and then was told it's his job in Houston as soon as Dusty hangs them up, maybe as early as this off-season?

It takes two sides to make a deal. Espada isn't desperate to take this Sox job either.

https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1583482262771077120?t=tU9xB_e-qRcQB4A_9XiAbg&s=19

Espada would likely take his name out of the running for other jobs publicly.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

3 hours ago, bmags said:

The white Sox were 15th in IL days used by pitchers, so again hard to claim much of a problem there. They were also much closer to the team with the fewest days lost than to the most. Most of the playoff teams were ahead of them, and honestly if the Sox had more depth they could have used more.

But regardless hard to see Injuries as something held against him, every team has injuries to pitchers.

But sure, it’s a sign he sucks that he still got better production out of shitty bargain bin pitcher Vince Velazquez as a starter than his previous year, and matched the year before it.

Or, it could be the case that the Sox were only 10th in pitching WAR despite heavy investment because Rick Hahn spent a lot of money on the worst Fa profile of veteran middle relief pitcher because Rick Hahn had no options even remotely passable.

Why isn’t Katz please being a good pitching coach and showing these boys how to pitch

D2CC615E-9CF5-4908-A0D2-2402ED235BD0.png

Great team to pull from:

The Charlotte Knights finished 58-92, dead-last across the board: division, International League, all of Triple-A. They finished 28 games out of first place for the full season, with a run differential of an astounding -224. Charlotte finished 30th of 30 teams in Triple-A.”

https://www.southsidesox.com/platform/amp/2022/10/12/23400247/charlotte-knights-2022-final-stats

This can’t be over-emphasized. Having a $190M+ payroll with almost literally no depth is a CHOICE. It’s an inexplicably, embarrassingly bad one, but you can’t blame bad luck for that s%*#. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

I can choose to decide on what to believe in and what not to believe in and which information to post on this forum. You can’t tell me what to do. YOU FUCKING GOT IT!!!! 

That is absolutely correct. It can also make you an idiot. 

Your choice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

True, social media is a problem but everyone has the right to believe in what they want to believe in but whatever, I’m done talking about it.

Until you post the next tweet from Jake Polish Sausages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic