White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

Reinsdorf strikes me as the type to purposely pass information (true or false) to a limited amount of people, just to see if makes it out to the public. Hahn and KW have been around for a long time, and knowing what we know about loyalty with the White Sox org, I really doubt Hahn (or KW) would leak information as some roundabout way of influencing a decision. Unless….the tweet was given the thumbs up by Reinsdorf and purposely leaked to push forward the decision. Which I’d be more willing to doubt, because it didnt achieve anything…

My belief is, whenever an important personnel decision is made and leaked to a twitter account, it’s done by someone who knows enough people have the same information that the source cannot be identified. Hahn, KW and company understand losing JR’s trust is a quicker route to being fired than anything that happens on the diamond

Edited by Flash Tizzle

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Q anon in me swears the Sox are selectively leaking s%*# rumors to see who talks and to burn sources and leaks.  There is so many people claiming inside knowledge who are telling completely different stories that something more has to be going on.

With this organization (and I use that term loosely) nothing is totally beyond belief.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

He’s been here 4.5 years and has 20 posts, so who knows?

Nice. Just because 70% of my posts aren't just yelling out a players name when they do something in a game thread like lot's of others around here shouldn't mean anything as far as trying to interact with you guys 

Edited by Slobber House
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From DVS's story in the Sun-Times Saturday morning:

But he (Guillen) told the Sun-Times that, as of Friday, he wasn’t interviewing for the job, contrary to reports he already had or will next week.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2022/10/22/23414917/time-is-right-to-look-outside-organization-for-next-white-sox-manager

FWIW, the Ozzie report came from a radio guy that didn’t cite any source other than, thats the fact jack.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Q anon in me swears the Sox are selectively leaking s%*# rumors to see who talks and to burn sources and leaks.  There is so many people claiming inside knowledge who are telling completely different stories that something more has to be going on.

That would mean the Sox are seeking to fire people. Q theory fails. White Sox FO people have lifelong jobs like SCOTUS. 

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Slobber House said:

Nice. Just because 70% of my posts aren't just yelling out a players name when they do something in a game thread like lot's of others around here shouldn't mean anything as far as trying to interact with you guys 

It's a Hawkism, "The Will To Win"

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

More like who they can trust and such.  Think more low level.

Knowing Reinsdorf, I would be surprised if all those people aren’t FOF getting Xmas cards and home visits once a week. All the kids play together, and uncle Jerry knows them all by their names and has knowledge of their report cards.

2 hours ago, Slobber House said:

I meant no offense.  TWTW is a Hawkism that has been a running joke on here for years.  My point was that you have been here long enough to have heard it, but post so infrequently that maybe you haven’t.  

I’m just hoping Dusty is being asked to comeback next year. That May free up Espada. Unless a back room deal is cut, Dusty does 2023 and they guarantee Espada 2024. Then we have to look at Washington. I think Ozzie is not getting a serious interview. 

It leaks that Espada will be the next Sox manager.  Everyone reputable and not either denies it or can’t confirm.  Beat reporters put out that interviews are still ongoing with Ozzie amongst the names, which he later denies.  And we are left knowing absolutely nothing more than we knew 48 hours.  Seems the waters have intentionally been muddied quite thoroughly. 

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/finding-the-formula-for-team-chemistry/561722/

What makes a baseball team great? 

The elusive search for indicators of team chemistry. 

Oddly enough, the rebuilding teams from 17-19 had great chemistry from what I remember. Just no talent. This team has talent, just no chemistry. And no health.

The only problem I have with Espada is the love for him is based off of nothing. He is a coach on a good team.  We have no idea what his philosophies are. We have no idea what he even does all day. But this is how it goes in all sports. College and pro. The assistant on a good team or in college basketball, the head coach on a Cinderella gets to be the hot ticket. A lot of times, maybe even most, these guys fail. Sometimes they prove to be beyond worthy. For years people wanted Davey Martinez because he sat next to Joe Maddon during games. Now people don’t want Joe Maddon. People want Espada because he sits next to Dusty Baker during games. Dusty has never been praised on this board. Anyone who says they know what this guy is will not be telling you the truth. He is a mystery, but at least he isn’t LaRussa. I think the team needs a vocal guy. A guy that isn’t afraid to confront a player if they aren’t playing correctly. They don’t have to get in his face and try to embarrass him, but the point needs to get through. Enough lackadaisical play.

Edited by Dick Allen

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only problem I have with Espada is the love for him is based off of nothing. He is a coach on a good team.  We have no idea what his philosophies are. We have no idea what he even does all day. But this is how it goes in all sports. College and pro. The assistant on a good team or in college basketball, the head coach on a Cinderella gets to be the hot ticket. A lot of times, maybe even most, these guys fail. Sometimes they prove to be beyond worthy. For years people wanted Davey Martinez because he sat next to Joe Maddon during games. Now people don’t want Joe Maddon. People want Espada because he sits next to Dusty Baker during games. Dusty has never been praised on this board. Anyone who says they know what this guy is will not be telling you the truth. He is a mystery, but at least he isn’t LaRussa. I think the team needs a vocal guy. A guy that isn’t afraid to confront a player if they aren’t playing correctly. They don’t have to get in his face and try to embarrass him, but the point needs to get through. Enough lackadaisical play.

Great point and it sounds like you just described Ozzie (as far as what the team needs in a manager) 😆

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Melissa1334 said:

Great point and it sounds like you just described Ozzie (as far as what the team needs in a manager) 😆

A guy like Ozzie, but not Ozzie, although if they do hire him, as much as it would make me question the front offices collective mental health, it would be an upgrade. Before he became a caricature of himself, and  before he was all about getting as much attention as he could, he was a really good manager. Surprised me.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

A guy like Ozzie, but not Ozzie, although if they do hire him, as much as it would make me question the front offices collective mental health, it would be an upgrade.

I just don’t think it would be as horrible as people make it out to be if it happened.  But yea I get the whole typical Sox move, needing change , get someone from the outside and let them choose their coaches etc 

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic