White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

i think i've reached the conclusion that i can live with just about any candidate as long as they are from outside of the org and haven't been a part of the way the sox have done things in recent history. sad thing is, i also have a very, very hard time seeing them make that kind of hire.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

i think i've reached the conclusion that i can live with just about any candidate as long as they are from outside of the org and haven't been a part of the way the sox have done things in recent history. sad thing is, i also have a very, very hard time seeing them make that kind of hire.

I think it's gonna be Chris Getz.

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Makes sense since they cancelled Soxfest. They don’t want to be boo’d or have to answer any questions. Pathetic honestly. This organization can’t get out of its own way. 

Maybe we should let them make the decision first.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If Chris Getz wants to be a manager someday he should be coaching in the minors.  But White Sox gonna White Sox.  f*** Me. 

I agree, this organization is very very bad at making decisions. Getz doesn’t even match the criteria that Hahn was laying out. Leads me to believe that they don’t know what the f*** they are doing.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's getting an interview.  I think he's the one guy all three can agree on.  If Getz wants to manage is the question I don't have an answer for.

Is that because he is a yes man? I will admit I don’t know much about his background outside of his playing career, just don’t see how he would fit in that locker room especially not having managed before 

4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Is that because he is a yes man? I will admit I don’t know much about his background outside of his playing career, just don’t see how he would fit in that locker room especially not having managed before 

They are afraid of hiring someone from outside the organization and who will stand up to them if they don’t like something, etc. That’s been ingrained in the organization over time because of JR.

Edited by maloney.adam

33 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think it's gonna be Chris Getz.

Holy hell.  

It would be painfully obvious that they interviewed the popular candidates and couldn't find anyone that they believed could coexist with their circus.   I assumed Ron Wash was gaining traction because he is smart enough to know the situation and tell Jerry what he wants to hear in exchange for 5 or 6 million dollars. 

But If they have to resort to Getz to make sure their mess doesn't get blown up in April and outed in the media then we've definitely reached peak shitshow.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Yep.  Rick Hahn's one and only criteria is he wants a manager he can control.  I'm not sure Getz would be that guy but he may be the closest he can get.  

If Getz is given the job it will be spun that he is special and we were going to lose him to another organization.

Under normal circumstances, having a yes man, who is bright and well liked seems like a decent option.  This idea that you need a grizzled veteran coach that will essentially fight the front office and ownership doesn't sound like a winning strategy.  Why not have everyone on the same page?  

But obviously, this is not normal circumstances and we are done with Jerry and the front office so literally the last thing we need is a yes man.   Terrible.

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic