White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

And the food accounts have spoken.  Footlong Comiskey Dog said Kevin Long was interviewed a second time.

Vinnie Parise said if the Sox don't name a manager by Friday, it'll most likely be someone from the Astros or Phillies and that he's hearing Kevin Long is a "big time possibility".  Whatever that means.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

And the food accounts have spoken.  Footlong Comiskey Dog said Kevin Long was interviewed a second time.

Vinnie Parise said if the Sox don't name a manager by Friday, it'll most likely be someone from the Astros or Phillies and that he's hearing Kevin Long is a "big time possibility".  Whatever that means.

Really going out on a limb.

Just now, GreenSox said:

Is this the Phillies' hitting coach?
Well maybe he can give Frank some tips on how to coach hitting.

Regardless of who they hire, the only tip they should be giving Frank is how to find the door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Really going out on a limb.

He then followed it up with a tweet saying Espada is still in the mix.  I do agree that if we don't hear anything by Friday, the hire will be someone from the Astros or Phillies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Your dog has better sources than those two.

• Fire 1

47 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

How many other manager openings are there besides the Sox now? Possibly the Yankees if they decide to move on from Boone?

Do you really think Aaron Boone would sign up to be the manager of the White Sox? This organization? I’d be willing to bet he’d take a TV job before signing up to be a part of this clown show. 

15 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Regardless of who they hire, the only tip they should be giving Frank is how to find the door.

What are they waiting on?  Sox (and most teams) hire the coaches separately from the manager.  Don't need to hire a manager before dispatching this Frank M. Unless....

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m pro Kevin long but pretty sure he is not a pro analytics guy so prepare yourselves for that. He is a phenomenal hitting coach, however.

Mickey Moniak said you offered him a packet. A thick packet. He said he wasn’t sure he needed it, but that he just wanted to hear your advice. Did you do a packet for every guy?

Yeah.

So, what goes into that?

I just kind of paint a picture of their analytics. I do their best month. I do a rundown of where they’ve been and what they’ve done in their career. I look at hot zones. I look at pitches. I look at strike zone discipline. I put together an analytical assessment. Then I do the video and I see if it matches up. I start writing down what’s good, what can get better, and then little notes and tidbits that I have. I’ll just kind of throw that in there as well. The biggest thing is them knowing that I’m taking a vested interest in their career. Once they know that, getting in the cage and doing what we need to do becomes a lot easier.

This is from an interview with the Athletic on how Kevin prepared for joining the Phillies.

• Like 3

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic