White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

There was a very early report out there that Espada wasn't impressed with the Sox, but the Sox were impressed with him.  No idea how true this was, or if this is even a factor, but it is something that stuck in my mind.

i assume his next job will be managing the Astros.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Wasn't there a set of denials a week ago saying "Harris has not been interviewed by the Sox" or something like that?

Willie himself stated he had not even been contacted about a week ago. I don't think he's even part of the equation. Frankly, this process is likely coming close to an end soon. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

No shock there… makes me want Espada even more. Our org is a s%*# show.

I don't believe Espada coming away unimpressed with the White Sox is true. I think he was a strong possibility and somewhere in the process the White Sox became more impressed with someone else. The 3rd option, which would be the shittiest one out of them all, would be Jerry stepped in and didn't allow his 2 top executives to do their jobs again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

I don't believe Espada coming away unimpressed with the White Sox is true. I think he was a strong possibility and somewhere in the process the White Sox became more impressed with someone else. The 3rd option, which would be the shittiest one out of them all, would be Jerry stepped in and didn't allow his 2 top executives to do their jobs again.

The 3rd option unfortunately  is more than likely the correct option yet again 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

If the new manager is any of Ozzie, Thome or Getz, then we know that Jerry is running the show. 

Hahn should resign. 

and ill be done with this org until jerry finally croaks. Its just a waste of energy to care this much when its in this state

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2

Just now, reiks12 said:

and ill be done with this org until jerry finally croaks. Its just a waste of energy to care this much

I'll still watch, because I enjoy baseball but I will have zero expectations. Making the postseason is gravy. 

I won't be going to anymore games though or buying anymore merchandise until Jerry kicks the bucket. 

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If this happens we will have a a full year to complain about it, no reason to rush into it now.

It actually could work out ok. Ozzie isn't the worst idea. I just never thought they'd give him another chance. 

Ozzie isn't afraid to give a kick in the ass. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Didn't he interview on Friday? Wasn't that reported somewhere? 

NBC Chicago said last week he had an interview scheduled on Tuesday.

Then the Sun Times DVS said he talked to Ozzie and no interview was scheduled.

which was weird because both were on the record and isn’t NBC Ozzie’s employer? Beats me.

• Like 1

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic