White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Omar Vizquel

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Oh my God - we're talking about him now?  This organization is the absolute worst.  This is the last straw for me, I'm not renewing

Either this is phenomenal parody, you've lost your sanity following this team, or you forgot to login to an alternate account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Um yeah ok Chuck.

That was a good podcast. Pioneer League was basically full of UDFA guys.  Jenks and Hall were the team's only coaches .

So you're playing guys who basically didnt go in the 1st 20 rounds of the draft and having your players coach the bases.

As far as the we're ready quote goes. Toby Hall said that. Jenks was more diplomatic saying managing Grand Junction could be a stepping stone to eventually get to the big leagues . They don't even know if they have the job this year . Ownership change.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Real easy . Listen to the Garfien podcast with Jenks and Toby Hall. Somewhere a little after 12 min 40 second mark. Garfien said Ozzie interviewed with Hahn, Getz and Haber on Monday.

Garfein is NBC Sports Chicago right? They're the ones who said last week that Ozzie would be interviewing, before Ozzie apparently denied it on the record to DVS at the Sun Times. I'm not sure that's any different from what we heard so far and still don't know how to interpret the competing on-the-record claims.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Garfein is NBC Sports Chicago right? They're the ones who said last week that Ozzie would be interviewing, before Ozzie apparently denied it on the record to DVS at the Sun Times. I'm not sure that's any different from what we heard so far and still don't know how to interpret the competing on-the-record claims.

I don't know the timeline for when someone said Guillen would be interviewing and when Guillen denied it. But The podcast had only been listened to less than 100 times when I listened to it this morning. The podcast was released early today. Maybe things changed but I doubt Garfien would say it if it wasn't true since he did the post game shows with Guillen and they are "friends".

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Real easy . Listen to the Garfien podcast with Jenks and Toby Hall. Somewhere a little after 13 min  mark. Garfien said Ozzie interviewed with Hahn, Getz and Haber on Monday.

Shouldn't that clarify that Getz is not a possibility?  I mean, if Getz is part of the group interviewing potential candidates for the position, how could he also be considered a candidate himself?  Seems like a conflict of interest.

1 minute ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Shouldn't that clarify that Getz is not a possibility?  I mean, if Getz is part of the group interviewing potential candidates for the position, how could he also be considered a candidate himself?  Seems like a conflict of interest.

The Getz thing was started by @Harold's Leg Lift and Harold just said he no longer thinks Getz is a possibility.

53 minutes ago, Quin said:

Either this is phenomenal parody, you've lost your sanity following this team, or you forgot to login to an alternate account.

Are people really doing this? Two accounts trying to stir up s%*# on a message board? Good god, that's cray cray. this message board is already poor we don't need extra chaos. sad sad stuff. 

• TLR 1

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Kevin long would be such a good hire. My god, I will take the over on every single Eloy prop next year 

obviously he'd get injured on day 1 if I do that but point stands.

With the offensive struggles, it does make sense they hire an offensive guy.

• Like 2

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic