White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Since Ozzie appears open to accepting the position, I will be so disappointed if the Sox don't make him the manager for 2023.   This team can win with a brilliant mastermind like Ozzie calling the shots and It would be worth every penny to make him the highest paid manager in MLB.

Thanks Nick Adams

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

For weeks? I remember a post from Jimmy the night or two before it was announced that seemed to confirm it.

Yes, there were at least four of us that knew it was in the works. Tony just had to get his family’s approval and it was a done deal.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes, there were at least four of us that knew it was in the works. Tony just had to get his family’s approval and it was a done deal.

Even *I* heard things, he was telling all his friends who include quite a few former players in the area.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Even *I* heard things, he was telling all his friends who include quite a few former players in the area.

But does that really prove anything?  We all know that Ozzie and his family are very discreet.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

42 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Since Ozzie appears open to accepting the position, I will be so disappointed if the Sox don't make him the manager for 2023.   This team can win with a brilliant mastermind like Ozzie calling the shots and It would be worth every penny to make him the highest paid manager in MLB.

It is pretty early to have been drinking this much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

For weeks? I remember a post from Jimmy the night or two before it was announced that seemed to confirm it.

Nightengale posted it like a week or so before hand, and everyone laughed at it.  Then it came back up and people started freaking out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Real easy . Listen to the Garfien podcast with Jenks and Toby Hall. Somewhere a little after 13 min  mark. Garfien said Ozzie interviewed with Hahn, Getz and Haber on Monday.

You can't get a more Hahnish committee than one composed of his hand-picked top Front-office  lieutenants Getz and Haber  A committee composed of only Hahn and 2 lieutenants is as insular as it could be  And then Hahn, the guy that the bloggers insist is a new-age thinker being held down by KW and JR, has apparently interviewed Guillen.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, wegner said:

But does that really prove anything?  We all know that Ozzie and his family are very discreet.

There was an athletic article in osney(?) or whomever the Astros manager was that had Ozzie jr or whatever the other brother was yelling at everyone in the comments lol. They are the most online of baseball families.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

There was an athletic article in osney(?) or whomever the Astros manager was that had Ozzie jr or whatever the other brother was yelling at everyone in the comments lol. They are the most online of baseball families.

No chance that entire family could keep their mouth shut if Ozzie was coming back. Especially with how much enjoyment they get out of sticking it to Sox fans.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

IMO, I think it’s going to be either Long or Guillen. If there’s no announcement before the WS than it’s Long. 

I think it will be Long or the lesser probability of Espada.  The only reason to keep it quite would be respect for their current teams WS aspirations.  

At this point just say f*** it and go with Ozzie. The zombie show we got with LaRussa was so soul sucking, having Ozzie going insane once a week will at least give us some entertainment while we fight back tears from the team disappointing us once again 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GreenSox said:

You can't get a more Hahnish committee than one composed of his hand-picked top Front-office  lieutenants Getz and Haber  A committee composed of only Hahn and 2 lieutenants is as insular as it could be  And then Hahn, the guy that the bloggers insist is a new-age thinker being held down by KW and JR, has apparently interviewed Guillen.

That's why I thought it was going to be Getz.  They ask one of the guys on the interview team to interview you gotta figure it's because they couldn't find anyone they agreed on. I don't think that anymore. 

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic