White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's why I thought it was going to be Getz.  They ask one of the guys on the interview team to interview you gotta figure it's because they couldn't find anyone they agreed on. I don't think that anymore. 

Who do you think it is?

If it’s Guillen…I’m not sure I can support them anymore or at least until Reinsdorf is gone.  

I know I say that and I know I’ll be back watching, but how fucking stubborn or dumb or whatever can a guy be to hire LaRussa and then Guillen.  Zero self awareness.

Please let this rant be for naught.  Please hire Long or anyone who’s been in a dugout this decade. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, JTB said:

If it’s Guillen…I’m not sure I can support them anymore or at least until Reinsdorf is gone.  

I know I say that and I know I’ll be back watching, but how fucking stubborn or dumb or whatever can a guy be to hire LaRussa and then Guillen.  Zero self awareness.

Please let this rant be for naught.  Please hire Long or anyone who’s been in a dugout this decade. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

I've got two words for you.....Bill Wirtz. JR's handling of this team rivals Wirtz through most of his ownership. The 2004 Blackhawks were voted the worst run team in ALL SPORTS. A title JR is clearly striving to eclipse with the way he has run this franchise into the dirt. 

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

If they name Ozzie I'd be so happy I'd not know what to do. I'd act like George Bailey when he returns from the darkside.

Teacher says every time the White Sox win an angel gets its wings.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

If it’s the front office’s choice, it won’t be Ozzie 

If Hahn gets undermined by Jerry again, no ways he sticks around right?  And for a guy who quit on the team previously?

As insanely demented as the TLR hire was, an Ozzie would be loads crazier IMO.  KW & Hahn legit don’t like Ozzie and rightfully so.

I refuse to believe Ozzie interviewing is anything more than a favor to him from Jerry.  Matt Long will be the manager and we will all laugh this off shortly after the World Series.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

But it doesn't seem like the FO opinions matter. Jerry is the be all end all and he's a curmudgeonly old f*** that refuses to get to know new people at this stage in his life and just wants to re-hire people he used to work with.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Hahn gets undermined by Jerry again, no ways he sticks around right?  And for a guy who quit on the team previously?

As insanely demented as the TLR hire was, an Ozzie would be loads crazier IMO.  KW & Hahn legit don’t like Ozzie and rightfully so.

I refuse to believe Ozzie interviewing is anything more than a favor to him from Jerry.  Matt Long will be the manager and we will all laugh this off shortly after the World Series.

Who the hell is Matt Long?  What did I miss?? :D

9 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

But it doesn't seem like the FO opinions matter. Jerry is the be all end all and he's a curmudgeonly old f*** that refuses to get to know new people at this stage in his life and just wants to re-hire people he used to work with.

That’s my worries. The front office wants to move forward and not in the past but JR just wants to do what he wants to do. I guess we’ll find out soon.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

That’s my worries. The front office wants to move forward and not in the past but JR just wants to do what he wants to do. I guess we’ll find out soon.

I can’t get over the idea that they don’t want outsiders, as the outsiders will see how incredibly messed up things are inside the organization 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Or maybe he did and Ozzie's who they come up with.  The evidence that Hahn is some outside-of-the box, modern analytics thinker is scant at best.

Nobody else in mlb would hire Rick Hahn but he made two great moves with Jhonny and Elvis. I really enjoyed watching them while the rest of the team except Liam moped around. 

• TLR 1

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

Nobody else in mlb would hire Rick Hahn but he made two great moves with Jhonny and Elvis. I really enjoyed watching them while the rest of the team except Liam moped around. 

I enjoyed watching them both as well but I personally have a hard time giving Hahn much credit for either move.  Both of those signings were kinda no brainers based on the current Sox situation and remember Hahn chose Vince Velasquez initially instead of Cueto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

While you can give him credit to some extent, any GM in baseball would have made those moves in that same situation. Both of them were desperation, oh no a key guy is injured so I have no choice moves.

Most wouldn’t have allowed their so called competitive roster to get to that level of desperation in the first place.

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Overruling the FO — again — to hire a retread former manager who hasn’t been in the dugout in a decade — again?  Immediately after the last such power play crashed and burned in spectacular fashion?  That’s a bridge too far even for JR.  

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic