White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

37 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I agree with your comment that most average to good managers don't affect their team's performance all that much.  Ozzie probably had about the normal impact on them winning in 2005 as most managers do.  I think Ozzie understands the game better than you think, but the roster construction decisions will be poor which makes this managerial decision inconsequential.  

Let us not forget those Sunday lineups.  Yuk...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Let us not forget those Sunday lineups.  Yuk...

Yes, I remember those Sunday lineups also. How funny when I also heard Ozzie criticize some of Tony’s Sunday lineups or lineups for a day game after a night game. Maybe, hopefully if be some miracle he gets the job, which I doubt will happen, he won’t screw around and hope the B Team can win a game. Really not fair to the starting pitchers to have s%*# line up. 

I highly doubt Ozzie gets the job. I think it’s up to Houston. I think Espada is who you they want. If Dusty retires after the WS, he’ll stay in Houston and get the job. Then I believe it’s Alomar, Washington or Schildt. Problem is with Schildt, he’s a La Russa clone, younger than Tony, but still probably will have Tony tendencies. We’ll see, I think a decision will be within a week after the WS ends.  

• Like 3

This sucks. 

Out of all of the people they interviewed, Espada was the only choice I would have been actually excited about. 

The more I think about Ozzie, the more I'm against him. 

The only way this makes any sort of sense is if Espada took himself out of the running. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

This sucks. 

Out of all of the people they interviewed, Espada was the only choice I would have been actually excited about. 

The more I think about Ozzie, the more I'm against him. 

The only way this makes any sort of sense is if Espada took himself out of the running. 

What’s your beef with Long?

Just when I thought this organization can’t become more of a clown show… it’s beyond comical at this point. They made us believe a 5 year rebuild would be the answer. Jerry is the ultimate snake oil salesman. I can’t wait til their all gone. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I thought it was important for the next manager to be Latino. I thought it would be really beneficial for the most important position players on the team.

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I thought it was important for the next manager to be Latino. I thought it would be really beneficial for the most important position players on the team.

That trait is probably the most overrated thing that ever gets mentioned 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He, like most everyone else, knows nothing about Long or Espada.  Both are roll of dice hires. Why people get so bent over guys they have no clue who they are as baseball managers is beyond comical to me.   

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Just when I thought this organization can’t become more of a clown show… it’s beyond comical at this point. They made us believe a 5 year rebuild would be the answer. Jerry is the ultimate snake oil salesman. I can’t wait til their all gone. 

LOL.  Why, because they're passing up on a coach who's interviewed for manager about a dozen times and passed up on each of those time? 

15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I can’t believe Jerry Reinsdorf is cool with an accountant sharing private info all over twitter. It’s nuts to me 

Well, he allows a well known National Writer to do so, why would a fly on the wall accountant matter at this point? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

He, like most everyone else, knows nothing about Long or Espada.  Both are roll of dice hires. Why people get so bent over guys they have no clue who they are as baseball managers is beyond comical to me.   

If Hahn screws the pooch again this off season God could manage the team and it won't make a damn bit of difference. 

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, tray said:

Espada is out

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-astros-joe-espada-running-030110635.html

Just hire Oz and get to work on making some coaching and roster changes.

I've been here for a while now. 

Hahn didn't get the boot and there has been little blame going on towards the players. 

They are not deserving of a "learn on the job" manager, all to give them yet another crutch excuse to not get the job on the field done again. 

Washington or Ozzie, time to play ball.  Honeymoon is over for Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Giolito and Co. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sort of. But OTOH, to hell with them if they need a latino manager to perform. And Im done worrying about catering to players that don’t perform 

• Like 2

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic