White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

LOL.  Why, because they're passing up on a coach who's interviewed for manager about a dozen times and passed up on each of those time? 

Cause they are seriously considering Ozzie Guillen to be manager. 

8 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If Hahn screws the pooch again this off season God could manage the team and it won't make a damn bit of difference. 

I don't know...pretty sure that "angels in the outfield" is a real thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This fanbase blows my mind sometimes.  How could anyone want Ozzie Guillen as our next manger?  Outside the dugout, the dude has proven to be a selfish, ego-maniac who will put him and his family above all else.  Inside the dugout, he’s an anti-analytics, small ball loving clown who likes to insert himself into games.  The only area where he actually is a big upgrade over Tony is he has an actual pulse and will do a much better job of bringing a consistent effort from his guys.  And guess what?  We can get that from most other candidates along with a modern approach to managing.  I know it’s only a few people, but please stop with the Ozzie is the answer nonsense.

Who doesn't put their family above all else.

Guess what?......we'd still be searching for a World Series if Ozzie wasn't the manager in 2005, so it's not nonsense.

Do I want Ozzie as our 2023 Manager? no, much Like Ditka Ozzie wore out his welcome and I want a new Manager with no affiliation to the White Sox. Either current WS coaches Espada or Long would be a fresh start and to hear Espada is out is discouraging. 

22 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Do you think he’d be worse than tony? I feel like I would take him in a heart beat over Tony and I don’t even want him lol that’s just how low the bar was set by the Tony hire.

TLR actually had success in his other stops after being with the Sox, while Ozzie crashed & burned so bad he was basically radioactive.  Granted TLR had the benefit of a few hall of famers and rampant ped use in the clubhouse.  Ozzie quite possibly would be as bad if not worse in game, in the locker room, and with the press.  Hiring a toxic former right after your previous toxic former failed catastrophically and went out in a dumpster of flaming wreckage seems worse to me.  Few moves could be as dumb as following TLR with Ozzie.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This fanbase blows my mind sometimes.  How could anyone want Ozzie Guillen as our next manger?  Outside the dugout, the dude has proven to be a selfish, ego-maniac who will put him and his family above all else.  Inside the dugout, he’s an anti-analytics, small ball loving clown who likes to insert himself into games.  The only area where he actually is a big upgrade over Tony is he has an actual pulse and will do a much better job of bringing a consistent effort from his guys.  And guess what?  We can get that from most other candidates along with a modern approach to managing.  I know it’s only a few people, but please stop with the Ozzie is the answer nonsense.

Stockholm syndrome and or battered wife syndrome?  Not to make light of these real world conditions, but we collectively as a fan base have taken so much stupidity from the org and still stick around.  Most of us don’t know any other ownership group.  The org treats fans like dog s%*# yet we still can’t quit them.  I wish I could, but here I am still wishing they would change.  Like, WTF?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, soxfaninfl said:

Hate to nitpick because he did move on and I get the sentiment but it was after game 160, not exactly middle of the season.

He was negotiating with another team to be their manager while still under contract and during the season.  Him not quitting until after game 160 doesn’t change the fact that he was actively negotiating with another team long before that.  His only loyalty is to himself.   “Nitpicking” doesn’t change any of his disloyal selfish behaviour, which shows no signs of changing or evolving in the past decade.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

He was negotiating with another team to be their manager while still under contract and during the season.  Him not quitting until after game 160 doesn’t change the fact that he was actively negotiating with another team long before that.  His only loyalty is to himself.   “Nitpicking” doesn’t change any of his disloyal selfish behaviour, which shows no signs of changing or evolving in the past decade.  

And if you want evidence he hasn’t changed at all, look no further than him using his NBC sports tv spot to angle for LaRussa’s job. However bad Tony was, that was also inappropriate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Who doesn't put their family above all else.

Guess what?......we'd still be searching for a World Series if Ozzie wasn't the manager in 2005, so it's not nonsense.

Do I want Ozzie as our 2023 Manager? no, much Like Ditka Ozzie wore out his welcome and I want a new Manager with no affiliation to the White Sox. Either current WS coaches Espada or Long would be a fresh start and to hear Espada is out is discouraging. 

What are you basing this on? They absolutely could have won the World Series with a different manager.

If Ozzie Guillen had any contrition for his past behaviour, if he truly wanted to rehab his image and work his way back into a manager’s role he would swallow his stupid pride and take a coaching gig somewhere.   Yet he has been doing TV work, actively seeking someone else’s job.  No org wants anything to do with him as manager because he is so radioactive, except possibly our White Sox.  His ego is too big to allow him to catch on somewhere to work his way back.  He thinks he is entitled to manage the White Sox without having earned any of it.  The man quit on us and still believes the job should be his.  How anyone can think he will magically be anything but the walking dumpster fire he was from 2009 onward is delusional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Not only while he was under contract, he still had another year left on his deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not only while he was under contract, he still had another year left on his deal.

YES!  That is an important detail too.  Dude still had a year left on his deal, and was begging for an extension while simultaneously negotiating a deal with another club.  Seriously, Ozzie can f*** forever. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I also don’t know how they can answer, if questioned, why he would be the man for the job now, but 2 years ago, they went out of their way saying it could be any but Ozzie before JR ended the search before it began. What changed?

JR still feeling nostalgic in his advanced age and doubling down?  

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic