White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

11 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Oof.  That's so childish.  That's like people who take pride for blocking pro Biden / pro Trump followers.

It's a managerial hire, for baseball.  Entertainment.   Let's get a grip on life here.     

uh, yeah, twitter is my entertainment. I didn't slash their tires.

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

There is another reason as well. Ditka and Ozzie have a few things in common, but the biggest is they led teams to Championships and no one since then has. And no one really has before them, either...at least who are alive. 

Wanting Ozzie back just because of what he did in 2005 is stupid. However, this fan base (same with the Bears) literally don't know what it's like to have teams that win on a consistent basis, and after time...giving consideration to a guy you actually saw have success with your favorite team starts to look pretty good, especially to a casual observer. 

I don't want Ozzie as the next coach. For all the reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread. But I can at least understand at the surface why people would. 

There's actually a legit reason to want Ozzie: They think he can get the best out of Robert, Moncada and Eloy. The right combination of cultural understanding and accountability. Ozzie is not afraid to hold players accountable and he is not shy about it. 

This is part of why I'm not 100% opposed to Ozzie but only like 80%

If someone wants him back just because 2005!!!1!!! then that is stupid. If there are legit on field/clubhouse chemistry reasons for wanting Ozzie then I get it. 

The fact remains that Ozzie quit on two separate teams and that can't be tolerated. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm not talking politics.  I'm stating an example on where it's childish to completely block out someone who doesn't agree with you.   And for a managerial hire, tell me that's not childish?   It's actually laughable. 

All you seem to want to do here is find reasons to be offended at what everyone else is talking about.  We keep hearing your self-aggrandizing moral superiority on these topics, and excuses to look down on everyone who you don't agree with and label them.  No is is substituting a managerial hire for some sort of meaningful occurrence, except for you.  With so many people here who offend you, I am not quite sure why you waste your time on all of this so called "childish" behavior here, with all of these other way more important real life things you seem to think everyone else should be worrying about, while you seemingly also don't worry about them.  It's laughable that you want to waste so much time on following people around to be offended by them.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, if I was a GM having to deal with LaRussa and I had Ozzie on TV publicly campaigning for his job while the fans were chanting to fire Tony, almost certainly making my job of fixing the team last year harder, I wouldn't have let Ozzie even on the phone with me. He not only burned a bridge in 2011, he tried to throw more burning napalm on the wreckage of that bridge last year. There was zero reason for courtesy when a guy was uncourteous with them last year. 

Yeah, I don't disagree with that.  I wouldn't let Ozzie within 100 yards of the organization.  But we know JR (in the same breath he said Ozzie would never come back) said he feels enough loyalty toward Ozzie that he's recommended him for multiple jobs with other orgs.  Add that to the many things I don't understand about how JR operates.

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Losing out on Quatraro hurts. They really have to land Long or things will get even more toxic.

I don't think they even considered Quatraro  for an interview.   To me, anyone from the Rays or Guardians organization is worth a sit-down with.   Those two teams do more with less than anyone else in the league.   It's a culture l'd like injected into our clubhouse.  But who knows if our clubhouse is still salvageable at this point.   Guys here already got paid, big.  Unlike what they do over there in Cleveland and Tampa.   

1 hour ago, whitesoxwinner said:

So lame. Can’t believe the man that brought us a World Series and is literally the only proven winner with this shitty front office is looked down upon by the masses like this. Ozzie deserves a little more respect. Ever hear of club DNA? The oz has already changed it. What is Kevin long going to do to change our club DNA?

Now I see where all of the score callers come from.  WE NEED DITKA.  DITKA WOULDNT ALLOW SUCH AN EMBARRASMENT ON DEFENSE.  DITKA WOULD KICK DA DEFENSE IN DA ASS.   DITKA WAS DA ONLY WON TO WIN A SUPERBOWL.  HE IS DA BEST.  RESPECT HIM.  

gettyimages-460833464.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Now I see where all of the score callers come from.  WE NEED DITKA.  DITKA WOULDNT ALLOW SUCH AN EMBARRASMENT ON DEFENSE.  DITKA WOULD KICK DA DEFENSE IN DA ASS.   DITKA WAS DA ONLY WON TO WIN A SUPERBOWL.  HE IS DA BEST.  RESPECT HIM.  

You nailed it. What Ozzie and Ditka have in common is that they're not afraid to kick some ass. And that is very endearing to fans. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

One big difference between Ozzie and Mike Ditka is JR supported Ozzie to the end and let him and his family get away with anything but Ozzie walked out on the Sox, while Mike McCaskey tried to sabotage Ditka ever since he inherited the team but Ditka remained loyal to the Bears til the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You nailed it. What Ozzie and Ditka have in common is that they're not afraid to kick some ass. And that is very endearing to fans. 

What they have in common is one championship, failed for anything more even with a lot of promise. Then went elsewhere and were huge faliures.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Why are people freaking out about Ozzie when Harold literally said no one, not even Jerry, wants him to be the manager.

This isn't the NFL, you don't have sham interviews with people who aren't actual candidates for your top coaching position.

Some dork on a message board isn't the end all be all for information. Just because he doesn't think he will get the job doesn't make it any less concerning they went out of their way to say Ozzie isn't in consideration only to then interview him for said position. Its worrisome.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

What they have in common is one championship, failed for anything more even with a lot of promise. Then went elsewhere and were huge faliures.

Outside of '85, Ditka's teams entered the playoffs without their first string and some years without their first and second string quarterbacks healthy.  That's a big deal in football.

5 first place Division Titles in a row and 6 Division Titles in 11 years say he was a pretty good coach and had a much better run than Ozzie.

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm not talking politics.  I'm stating an example on where it's childish to completely block out someone who doesn't agree with you.   And for a managerial hire, tell me that's not childish?   It's actually laughable. 

But repeatedly criticizing a bunch of strangers on a baseball forum is … what?

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

Carlos Mendoza’s background:

• 42 Year Old Venezuelan
  • Played in the Minors 13 seasons.
  • Played 28 games in The Show.
  • Began coaching in the minors in 2009.
  • Managed the Yankees 2011 Gulf Coast team.
  • Served as a roving defensive instructor until his promotion in 2017 to Yankees infield coach.
  • Replaced former Yankees bench coach Josh Bard, who left to move closer to his home in Colorado, after the 2019 season.
  • Served as Yankees interim manager after Aaron Boone’s pacemaker surgery in 2021.
  • Interviewed for the Boston and Detroit jobs after 2020.

Carlos is extremely talented … the players trust him. He’s a superior candidate for the next chair within the industry and we’re fortunate right now that he’s here. He’s served us well every step of the way in whatever capacity (he’s been in)… His day is coming. He’s going to be a major league manager and he’s going to be good at it.

- Brian Cashman 3/6/21

https://www.pinstripealley.com/platform/amp/2021/3/6/22316467/yankees-future-manager-carlos-mendoza-interim-mlb-baseball-aaron-boone-spring-training

• Like 2

Just in case anyone wants elaboration of my twitter usage. If I follow you for white sox baseball, and suddenly you start expressing very stupid white sox baseball opinions, I will probably unfollow you (unless you are kyyle).

If I follow you for finance, and you express some stupid opinions about like, seed oils. I will likely still follow you unless it becomes a primary seed oil account.

• Haha 2

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:
  • Served as a roving defensive instructor until his promotion in 2017 to Yankees infield coach.
  • Replaced former Yankees bench coach Josh Bard, who left to move closer to his home in Colorado, after the 2019 season.

It's this part of the resume I wish we had a yankees fan on for. I would say it was more 20/21 when the yankees infield really became miserable, but would like to know if that era of defense was just untalented or also seemed as unfocused/lazy.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Well, Footlong just outed himself as a fraud. 

I tend to give these guys the benefit of the doubt until they go off the rails, but no more. All of these guys are full of s%*#. 

I don't know why it is I am still so entertained after all of these years of Jack Parkman and his come to Jesus moments.

15 minutes ago, T R U said:

This isn't the NFL, you don't have sham interviews with people who aren't actual candidates for your top coaching position.

Some dork on a message board isn't the end all be all for information. Just because he doesn't think he will get the job doesn't make it any less concerning they went out of their way to say Ozzie isn't in consideration only to then interview him for said position. Its worrisome.

I've been called a lot of things but dork might be a first. 

• Haha 4

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic