White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, he gone. said:

grabbed some popcorn. cant wait for everybody to critique mendoza when they didn't even know he was a human being that existed up until an hour ago. 

:) 

This literally made me lol.  The truth is often better better than fiction.  

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I get it; still think the daily freak-outs when legitimately nothing has happened and grasping for every possible worst case scenario as if its a done deal is very par for the course for this fan base.  

40 years of a backwards acting and backwards thinking organization and you think the fan base is off kilter ?

The small outrage over a potential Guillen signing should pale in comparison to 40 years of wandering in the desert as a franchise. Reinsdorf hasn't exactly been Moses leading us to the promised land . All he does is limit the franchises' resources in so many areas to limit the teams capabilities of operating like a franchise that cares about winning.

Name one part of the Sox organization that is up to par with the best organizations in baseball .

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

LOL the Chicago White Sox did exactly that with Willie Harris in 2020. To the letter. To the point where Willie probably could have filed the same lawsuit that Flores did, if he was willing to burn bridges because of it.

2020 was an embarrassment all around in regards to how it played out. That's not typical.

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

40 years of a backwards acting and backwards thinking organization and you think the fan base is off kilter ?

The small outrage over a potential Guillen signing should pale in comparison to 40 years of wandering in the desert as a franchise. Reinsdorf hasn't exactly been Moses leading us to the promised land . All he does is limit the franchises' resources in so many areas to limit the teams capabilities of operating like a franchise that cares about winning.

Name one part of the Sox organization that is up to par with the best organizations in baseball .

The one part of the organization that is up to par  with the best organizations in baseball  is that of making money. This franchise has been a goldmine for JR and his investors.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, T R U said:

2020 was an embarrassment all around in regards to how it played out. That's not typical.

Typical is the White Sox talking multiple championships when nothing in the whole organization is championship level. We are now on the slide back to irrelevance. A new manager is inconsequential to that slide.

If there are people left around here that think the Sox ruined their window by hiring LaRussa I feel bad for them. The seeds for disaster were planted way before LaRussa arrived. LaRussa was just a weed from those seeds.

The LaRussa weed withered but the others are flourishing. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, scs787 said:

I understand it's hard for some people to give the Sox the benefit of the doubt, but my goodness some fans are just insufferable.  Getting on them for casting a wide net(including Ozzie) is just silly. Years past everyone would get on them for NOT running the gauntlet on interviews. 

Casting a wide net allows Management to hear from different sources what they would do to fix the White Sox. It allows them to get an idea of what other teams think of their players and what they would do to turn this franchise around.  The more information you can gather on your own team the better.  

I applaud the White Sox extensive search. For those who like to speculate on the hire and fantasize about the next Mgr., this must be you're nirvana. 

This is how it could play out with the clown car on 35th not looking inept

Espada is in line to replace Baker and that was guaranteed to him and why he went from #1 to not in contention.  Does Dusty step in and ask for another year or two and do the Astros pony up to keep Joe? 

Mendoza was on the radar but the Yankees asked for him to not be interviewed until after they are out of the playoffs.

Guillen is interviewed because of his deep Venezuelan ties and there to gain his thoughts on Mendoza as a potential hire.  Are Guillen's ties deep enough with him to be his bench coach?

I believe Guillen resided in Venezuela in the winter well into his managing days and is very proud of what his homeland once was once.

Or maybe Harold Baines will be named next week. 

6 hours ago, scs787 said:

I understand it's hard for some people to give the Sox the benefit of the doubt, but my goodness some fans are just insufferable.  Getting on them for casting a wide net(including Ozzie) is just silly. Years past everyone would get on them for NOT running the gauntlet on interviews. 

Now you're beginning to understand how SoxTalk works

2 hours ago, CyAcosta41 said:

Uncertain why this made me laugh so hard.

I think it's being tired from the unnecessary drama of this unnecessarily prolonged manager decision (other and arguably better organizations make these kinds of decisions quicker and with far less drama).

Or it might be the hard-earned knowledge gained by slogging through the entirety of Melville's Moby Dick and learning that "dork" technically means "whale peni$" (rather than being a late 20th century synonym for nerd or doofus).

Wear that dork label with pride!

All you got out of reading that big-ass book is Moby Dick's dick is a dork?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

All you seem to want to do here is find reasons to be offended at what everyone else is talking about.  We keep hearing your self-aggrandizing moral superiority on these topics, and excuses to look down on everyone who you don't agree with and label them.  No is is substituting a managerial hire for some sort of meaningful occurrence, except for you.  With so many people here who offend you, I am not quite sure why you waste your time on all of this so called "childish" behavior here, with all of these other way more important real life things you seem to think everyone else should be worrying about, while you seemingly also don't worry about them.  It's laughable that you want to waste so much time on following people around to be offended by them.

The Almighty has spoken. 🤮

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Football is a bit different. How did he do in New Orleans? Also remember Doug Flutie was on him. Chris Zorich was on him. He lost his focus and like Ozzie was all about himself and making a buck. I think there are more than a couple of guys who could have coached the 1985 Bears to a Super Bowl. Here's something more impressive, Lovie Smith coached a team QBd by Rex Grossman to a Super Bowl.

To say that "a couple of guys could have coached the 85 Bears" is probably true.  However Ditka was hired in 1982, and it was those years that formed the 85 Bears.  Ditka got rid of those that didn't have TWTW and molded the 85 Bears into Champions.  To say that anyone could have managed the 85 team is selling short what it took to get to the Super Bowl. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

To say that "a couple of guys could have coached the 85 Bears" is probably true.  However Ditka was hired in 1982, and it was those years that formed the 85 Bears.  Ditka got rid of those that didn't have TWTW and molded the 85 Bears into Champions.  To say that anyone could have managed the 85 team is selling short what it took to get to the Super Bowl. 

That's byoodiful, A-T.

Edited by Bossanoveralls
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Casting a wide net allows Management to hear from different sources what they would do to fix the White Sox. It allows them to get an idea of what other teams think of their players and what they would do to turn this franchise around.  The more information you can gather on your own team the better.  

I applaud the White Sox extensive search. For those who like to speculate on the hire and fantasize about the next Mgr., this must be you're nirvana. 

Your right.... But these are the Jerry Reinsdorf owned White Sox, so a lot of that does not apply

45 minutes ago, flavum said:

Rob Thomson had some real good quotes today on Kevin Long. Basically how much confidence he gives his hitters. I’m sold on that guy being qualified to take over a team, especially when we need our core guys to hit for some power. 

Honest question: what kind of track record does hitting coaches have as managers?

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic