10/2- Sox at Padres, 3:10

flavum

As soon as the Padres clinch, they should lose as much as possible to get on the other side of the bracket as the Dodgers. I’m starting to understand why teams with higher seeds should be able to choose an opponent. It shouldn’t be a better thing to be a 6-seed than a 5-seed.

29 minutes ago, flavum said:

As soon as the Padres clinch, they should lose as much as possible to get on the other side of the bracket as the Dodgers. I’m starting to understand why teams with higher seeds should be able to choose an opponent. It shouldn’t be a better thing to be a 6-seed than a 5-seed.

I've been thinking the first round series should be 3 vs 5 and 4 vs 6. Your incentive to finish 4th instead of 5th is getting to host in the first round, and your incentive to finish 5th instead of 6th is avoiding the #1 seed in the second round.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is the game one might expect the Sox to just go through the motions to get it over a quickly as possible.

I thought they already had enough of those starting in April instead of waiting for the schedule to get easy or it's still early.

Edited by kitekrazy

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Moncada now 0 for 11 with 9 strikeouts vs. Snell. Why he is batting second is anyone's guess, but Cairo can't be the guy making out the line up next year.

Yoan bats 7-8 for everyone else. Don't get it. 

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

This inning is a perfect example of why the Sox don’t score more runs.  Lead off double, long fly out, medium fly out… no advance.  Corpseball 2.0

DJ called Pollock out for not tagging, said he needed to go there. He is the only player I dislike on the team (Adam Dunn and David Wells on previous teams).