The comedic next manager thread

JoeC

We should form a college of coaches. Gather together eight coaches from across the various disciplines and they can co-manage the team. 

I'd pick four from the MLB team and four from the MiLB system. In fact the eight would rotate through the entire system establishing a consistent managerial expectation throughout the organization. 

Even better this will allow for a relief manager just like a relief pitcher. If a manager is having a bad game or even falling asleep, a relief manager could take over. 

Let's also replace Hahn with a college style athletic director, preferably with no baseball experience. But keep him around for no apparent reason. 

Sometimes reality is funnier than comedy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

We should form a college of coaches. Gather together eight coaches from across the various disciplines and they can co-manage the team. 

I'd pick four from the MLB team and four from the MiLB system. In fact the eight would rotate through the entire system establishing a consistent managerial expectation throughout the organization. 

Even better this will allow for a relief manager just like a relief pitcher. If a manager is having a bad game or even falling asleep, a relief manager could take over. 

Let's also replace Hahn with a college style athletic director, preferably with no baseball experience. But keep him around for no apparent reason. 

I am thinking anarcho-syndicalist management team.

All players take turns acting as sort of an executive officer for each game, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special half-inningly-meeting by a simple majority in the case of tactics, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of player substitutions.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Which FO Big Dog would have the White Sox in a better position short and long term starting today?

Rick Hahn or Nick Saban?

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Any oldtimers like me remember the Chicago Cubs College of Coaches which they tried in the early 1960s, one of PK Wrigley's great ideas in which they had rotating head coaches with one of the coaches taking the helm for a month or so. Some of the names I remember were Elvin Tappe, Vedie Himsel and Harry Craft. This could work with the Sox as it couldn't be worse than what we saw the last 2 years with TLR.

Edited by The Mighty Mite