Rick Hahn presser, non-MGR info

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

How about putting LaRussa’s salary towards an analytics department and put your “traditional sensibilities” in the toilet.

Take Shelley Duncan’s salary too. He’s TLR’s hand picked analytics guy. I bet it has nothing to do with him being Dave Duncan’s son. 

• Haha 1

How the Hell is this guy still the GM? If he wants to re-earn our respect, he can start by resigning. But since that won’t happen, a bold trade or 2 this winter would be nice. This team is flawed beyond comprehension. This administration has failed us time and time and time and time again. Perhaps the 18th times a charm? 🥴🤡

Edited by GreatScott82

Just now, GreatScott82 said:

How the Hell is this guy still the GM? If he wants to re-earn our respect, he can start by resigning. But since they won’t happen, a bold trade or 2 this winter would be nice. This team is flawed beyond comprehension. This administration has failed us time and time and time and time again. Perhaps the 18th times a charm? 🥴🤡

You trust them to do a successful bold trade?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

You trust them to do a successful bold trade?

I would if we had a GM whose job was on the line. It’s painfully obvious that Hahn was never in jeopardy of losing his job, so why would he make that kind of move. 

Just now, T R U said:

I would if we had a GM whose job was on the line. It’s painfully obvious that Hahn was never in jeopardy of losing his job, so why would he make that kind of move. 

I thought his job was on the line in 2016 and I think he did too. He traded Johnson and Tatis for James Shields to try to save that season. I’m more scared of him being desperate.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

How the Hell is this guy still the GM? If he wants to re-earn our respect, he can start by resigning. But since that won’t happen, a bold trade or 2 this winter would be nice. This team is flawed beyond comprehension. This administration has failed us time and time and time and time again. Perhaps the 18th times a charm? 🥴🤡

I have no clue. Again I lost all respect for this guy. What a 💩💩💩💩 show

• Thanks 1

Just some thoughts on today.

I honestly appreciated TLR's candor and honesty. This had to be damn hard for him but he stood there and took questions. I e-mailed him to let him know that and I thanked him for the courtesy he showed me over the years. He actually responded which was very nice and unexpected.

I loved the fact that maybe for the first time Hahn addressed things that have been upsetting Sox fans for a long time, to wit, hiring managers from only inside "the family" (what is this the Mafia?), and talking about the medical, training and conditioning staffs and if you read between the lines changes are coming in those areas.

What I didn't like was the guy who is this close to having the eighth losing season in 10 years under his watch is still in a position of power. (And the Sox weren't always rebuilding in those years). And he immediately began to get defensive (you could almost see the hair standing up on the back of his neck) when questions along the lines of why he and others in the front office shouldn't be held responsible. You could tell he was getting frustrated.

We'll see what happens, who is hired, which coaches are fired (pray: McEwing, Boston and the hitting coach are cashiered) and how Hahn can fix the huge holes in the roster with a limited budget (season ticket sales are going to drop and JR is going to lower the payroll over it). He doesn't have a lot of room to work with because of insane deals given to stiffs like Garcia, Kelly et al. and the trade for Diekman.

It will be interesting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I thought his job was on the line in 2016 and I think he did too. He traded Johnson and Tatis for James Shields to try to save that season. I’m more scared of him being desperate.

Oh, Kenny made Hahn do that.

Kenny Williams’ Fault:

• Traded Reed for Matt Davidson.
  • Signed Adam LaRoche, Dallas Keuchel, Parrot.
  • Traded Bassitt and Marcus Semien for Jeff Samardzija.
  • Traded Montas & Trayce Thompson for Todd Helton.
  • Traded Tatis Jr. for James Shields.
  • Moncada’s contract.
  • Offered years 3 and 4 to Grandal.

Jerry’s Fault (OK, this part is true):

• Hired then extended Ricky Renteria.
  • Hired Tony La Russa.
  • No qualifying offer for Carlos Rodon.
  • Lowballed Machado.
  • Trading International Bonus Pool money for various cheap ass transactions and players.
  • No analytics department.
  • Fired Scouting staff during COVID.
  • Omar Vizquel hiring.

Tony LaRussa’s Fault:

• Signed Adam Eaton 2.0, Joe Kelly, Leury Garcia.
  • Demanded trade and option year pickup for Craig Kimbrel and trade for Diekman.
  • Fired Brian Ball.
  • Told Hahn Pollock could play RF.