10/4- Twins at Sox, 7:10

flavum

10/3/22 Results: Clinched second place in the A. L. Central, caught San Francisco in the overall standings (win tie breaker based on 3-0 season series).

10/4/22 Sox Math 

15th Place (Current position): Finish with the same or better record than the San Francisco Giants over the final two games.

16th Place:  Finish with a worse record than the San Francisco Giants over the final two games.

Lone Divisional Race - N. L. East: Braves need either a win over their final two games or a loss over the Mets remaining three games to clinch.

Final Overall Standing Positioning Races:

1. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are tied at 61-99 (Pittsburgh wins the tie-breaker).
  2. Kansas City (65-95), Texas and Detroit (66-93), Colorado (67-93) and Miami (68-92) are bunched together.
  3. The Chicago Cubs, Arizona Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim, Alta California, United States of America, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way all share a 73-87 record with two to play.
  4. Boston (76-84) and Minnesota (77-83) are the last two non playoff eligible teams with "meaningful" games remaining.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

10/3/22 Results: Clinched second place in the A. L. Central, caught San Francisco in the overall standings (win tie breaker based on 3-0 season series).

10/4/22 Sox Math 

15th Place (Current position): Finish with the same or better record than the San Francisco Giants over the final two games.

16th Place:  Finish with a worse record than the San Francisco Giants over the final two games.

Lone Divisional Race - N. L. East: Braves need either a win over their final two games or a loss over the Mets remaining three games to clinch.

Final Overall Standing Positioning Races:

1. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are tied at 61-99 (Pittsburgh wins the tie-breaker).
  2. Kansas City (65-95), Texas and Detroit (66-93), Colorado (67-93) and Miami (68-92) are bunched together.
  3. The Chicago Cubs, Arizona Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim, Alta California, United States of America, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way all share a 73-87 record with two to play.
  4. Boston (76-84) and Minnesota (77-83) are the last two non playoff eligible teams with "meaningful" games remaining.

'Tis a noble and worthwhile thing you do, South.

👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Need to get thet Giolito ERA under 5 to potentially up whatever minimal trade value he has.

If he has minimal TV, why in the world would you trade him when we already have an opening in the rotation? The trade Giolito take continues to make less than no sense. 

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If he has minimal TV, why in the world would you trade him when we already have an opening in the rotation? The trade Giolito take continues to make less than no sense. 

Selling low on in their prime players with a history of very good production doesn't strike me as a good way to improve next years team.

Especially when Giolito specifically has proven he's capable of getting right after being at a much lower point than he's at right now.

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Selling low on in their prime players with a history of very good production doesn't strike me as a good way to improve next years team.

Especially when Giolito specifically has proven he's capable of getting right after being at a much lower point than he's at right now.

He’s also a dude that’s already bet on himself and he cares deeply about his performance. I personally would expect Gio to bounce back in a major way next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think the Rangers are going to be open for business this off season and there could be a match with one of their young infielders.  

Which infielders could be in play?  I’m sure not Semien, Seager and Jung. I doubt your boy Solak has any value.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Which infielders could be in play?  I’m sure not Semien, Seager and Jung. I doubt your boy Solak has any value.

Foscue, Duran, Smith, Hauver, Acosta and yes Solak.  They have a bunch of them. I think the Rangers also match up well with the D'Backs for one of their young OF's but maybe the Sox can pry one away too....if they fire the GM.  

56 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because he's set to make 14 million on a cash strapped team. Sox can get terrible production for a lot less if someone would take him off our hands.