10/4- Twins at Sox, 7:10

flavum

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yeah, because of typical White Sox petty ass bullshit (Kenny).

Frank went on to have a 3.2 bWAR season with Oakland, which by the way, won their division whereas Kenny’s team were golfing to start October.

You're leaving out the fact that Frank played every game at DH in 2006.

The DH for the White Sox in 2006 put up a 4.9 bWAR that season. (And a 3.7 bWAR in 2007) 

Things got ugly and it shouldn't have, I agree with that...but acting like letting Frank walk was a terrible decision isn't factually accurate. He was hurt in 2004, hurt in 2005....It wasn't crazy to move on. 

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

The DH for the White Sox in 2006 put up a 4.9 bWAR that season. (And a 3.7 bWAR in 2007) 

Things got ugly and it shouldn't have, I agree with that...but acting like letting Frank walk was a terrible decision isn't factually accurate. He was hurt in 2004, hurt in 2005....It wasn't crazy to move on. 

"Too many" good 1B/DH options, not enough good players elsewhere on the roster. It's like the Sox have had slightly different versions of the same issues going on 20+ years now.

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well your leaving out the fact that the Sox could have just signed Frank as opposed to sending two good players away for Thome.

Aaron Rowand had the best season in that trade (5.1 bWAR 2007), and the Sox also gave up a 28.3 bWAR pitcher in the process.

I do agree the injuries played a role, but Kenny’s comments kicking Frank on the way out were typical of the way the White Sox have conducted business since the AL Owners brought Jerry into their sad little club.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, wegner said:

ERA under 5

Congrats Lucas

Time to refinance with G-Rate

And the team might not finish under .500 which is also a recent goal for Lucas....sounds like strong arbitration arguments 

33 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Man I really want Andrus at second base next year for us.

I was totally against it before. It's his best season since 2017 so getting a repeat next year of what he's done with the Sox since they've had him seems highly unlikely for a 34 year old. However his glove is very good. He can steal a base every now and then and 17 HR's would be tied for the most on the Sox if he had hit them all with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

The end result of a tanked season being 2 expensive years of AJ Pollock is unfathomably bad. Even for a terrible GM like Hahn.

Hahn’s original sin was the bad Kimbrel trade that led to the bad Pollock trade.  Madrigal was not expensive, and we already had a closer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Hahn’s original sin was the bad Kimbrel trade that led to the bad Pollock trade.  Madrigal was not expensive, and we already had a closer.

2 dreadful trade deadlines in a row.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Diekman another terrible Hahn trade, particularly withBummer coming back.  We could have used McGuire.

I honestly don't miss McGuire, but Diekman has been awful and we're stuck with him next year...and he's not cheap.